CNET Editors' review
Erasing your Internet history is important for anyone wishing to keep personal data and private information a secret. Tracks Eraser Pro promises to be a simple, one step way, to keep your history so clean that hackers will have nothing to work with.
This program is as simple as it promises. With a short menu of options, there are few opportunities for users to get confused and frustrated, which is happily unlike many erasing programs. There is a menu listing everything that is to be cleaned--from cookies to IP addresses to specific Web site passwords. By pressing the Erase button, this screen comes to life showing what is being inspected. When the program finishes, a status screen describes how many files were cleaned, how many registry keys were released, and how much space was freed.
If users want a more customized program, there are options for that as well. There is a tab that allows you to select individual areas to target, instead of the entire bulk. There are also built-in security options to give your computer an edge. In addition, there are opportunities to organize a scheduler that turns the Eraser on automatically.
One unexpected bonus was a File Shredder option. While this doesn't look as impenetrable as some dedicated shredder downloads, it does its job and is a nice extra.
Overall, Tracks Eraser Pro is a great download for people seeking to increase their security and make theft harder for online predators.
Tracks Eraser Pro is designed to protect you by cleaning up all the tracks of Internet activities on your computer. With only one click, Tracks Eraser allows you to erase the cache, cookies, history, typed URLs, auto complete memory, index.dat from your browser and temp folder, run history, search history, open/save history, and recent documents. With Tracks Eraser Pro's free plug-ins, you can easily erase the tracks of up to 100 popular applications, such as the playlists of RealPlayer, MediaPlayer, and QuickTime, and recent files of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and WinZip. Tracks Eraser Pro has the Custom Item, which lets you erase files and Registry entries. With its Securely Erasing feature enabled, Tracks Eraser Pro will overwrite files a set number of times with random data, and others cannot recover or undelete them.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Protect your online privacy by cleaning up Internet history and...
- Protect your Internet privacy by cleaning up all the tracks of ...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Clean up traces of your online and computer activities.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Erase the traces of your Internet activities and block pop-up w...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Monitor the different process happening in your computer.
- Clean Internet activities and traces of your PC.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Computer tracker.
- Get a shutdown timer.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 51 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Have Found Helpful and Effective"
Version: Tracks Eraser Pro 8.9
Nice to clean and erase. Keep your homepage from being changed automatically, a nice little touch. Enjoy overwriting freespace and junk, temp files of all sorts including preferences and registry entries... and logging options, and specific programs can be selected for cleaning with customizable plugins. But does make it easy to do the job without having deep knowledge of this area of expertise. Does clean internet cookies, the sites people have visited must keep IP address in their favorites? When I go back, no remnance of my searches, entries in login and passwords, and clears tracks as it indicates in its name.
along with McAfee, Webroot SecureAnywhere, and this,,, I feel Piece of Mind. and have for some years now.
None that I can think of. Perhaps, only when it's done cleaning empty space of a drive, it gets caught up and hangs. not sure what that is. But I suppose I could look at the support files.
I bought this a number of years back and use it in conjunction with 2 other maintenance programs, McAfee and Webroot. I feel secure. I also don't worry about freespace files being undeletable as it will be overwritten in your choice of options. Worth the money and is NOT buggy. Not sure what problems others had.