*******Feature in version 1.2************
It works for the new firmware 2.2.1 and even after you upgrade from firmware 2.2 to firmware 2.2.1 or to 3.0 firmware
To enable systemwide Emoji, follow these steps
(1) Upgrade iPhone / iPod Touch firmware to 2.2 / 2.2.1
(2) Install Touch Dial Emoji version 1.2
(3) Goto Settings -> Touch Dial -> Enable Smiley icon ON
(4) Launch Touch Dial
(5) Go to Settings>General>Keyboard>International Keyboards>Japanese and enable "Emoji."
For details of instruction, refer to support website
What are emoji icons ?
Emoji is the Japanese name for pictorial characters, smileys and emoticons. The characters are similar to the commonly used emoticons but Emoji contains over 461 icons. These icons are standardized and built into firmware 2.2 / 2.2.1
To use the emoji keyboard in SMS, Mail, Notes or any other application, when you are typing on the keyboard, tap on the world/globe key (to the left of the space bar) to bring up the emoji keyboard.
Once the emoji keyboard is enabled, you can safely uninstall the this app. It will stay with future firmware upgrade.
What's new in this version:
- Version 1.2 : Enable Emoji in iPhone / iPod Touch
- See the first screenshot