Time guardian is a parental control program that can restrict access to a wide variety of applications, using either time of day restrictions, or by monitoring the total time spent. This includes games, internet browsers, messaging systems (such as Live Messenger) and many other Windows based applications. You also have the option of completely blocking software indefinitely. You can set time limits for each application individually or group applications together by type (such as "Games"). Therefore, it does not make a difference how much time the user has spent on a particular game, rather; the total time spent gaming. Each child can have separate limitations. For example: if you want to restrict the youngest child to 1 hour of games per day and your teenager to 4 hours this is possible. These limitations are customizable for daily, weekly or even monthly usage scenarios. Once the time limit has been reached, they will no longer have access to that application, or group of applications. Also, the termination of a program is done in an elegant manor. Visual and auditory alerts are given well before applications are terminated, allowing the user to save their game/work. Time Guardian can also e-mail alerts to you when new programs are put on the computer and send you regular usage reports via e-mail.
What's new in this version: Version 1.0.106 corrected the backup function to include the report settings. Fixed the emailer to work for most antivirus and firewalls systems and fixed an issue with the registrations not expiring correctly.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Manage Internet use and parental control.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect yourself from online threats while improving your PC's ...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Protect your children against inappropriate content online.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Keep your PC safe from hackers, Trojans, spyware, viruses, DOS ...
- Create shareware versions of your applications.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Hide, lock, protect, and encrypt your folders and files.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Protect your PC from any network-based threat.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Encrypt all flash drives and other portable devices.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Forget about viruses, spyware, rootkits, hackers and online fra...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Check the security of your Windows computer against known threa...
- Monitor Web sites, apps usage, and lets control whether your ch...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"I, for one, am pleased with my purchase!"
Version: Time Guardian Parental Control System 1.0.106
Easy to use
Gets the job done
None worth mentioning
It's sad that I have to jump to this software's defence, especially when I have personally found it to be a valuable asset to our family. I purchased this software straight from the company a while ago and have actually been using it for over 6 months. I am reviewing it now because I see there has been a flood of unfair reviews for it.
Not only has time Guardian worked perfectly for me, but it has given me great control over what members of my household can use and when. It has "trained" us to be far more respectful to each other's time and personal space, and we are thankful for that. No more arguments, that's all I can say!
Beware of bogus reviews though. I can clearly see that not only have there been a few OBVIOUS bogus poor reviews on this software, but they seem to be describing issues that are not even relevant to this software's functionality (such as web filtering). Ass this with the fact that all the comments try and get you to move to another piece of software, and it paints a very sad picture.
Time Guardian works, and does so with little fuss. As for these other "products" these bogus spam reviewers are mentioning: I'm sure that if they can resort to these kinds of immoral business practises here, do you really want their software installed on your computer? Something to think about.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content