From TightVNC Software:
TightVNC is a remote control package derived from VNC, with many new features, improvements, and bugfixes over the standard VNC version. It works well with slow network links such as modem connections, provides more configuration options in the server, includes improved Java viewer, and more. The modified servers and viewers are fully compatible with the original VNC software.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0.3 fixed a bug which prevented file transfers from working properly under Windows 2000.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and provide easy ac...
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Provide secure VPN service to unblock websites and surf safely ...
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Improve the performance and reliability of any WiFi, 3G, 4G bro...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Display all the computers which are connected to your system.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Replace your Network Interface Card's Media Access Control (MAC...
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Turn your computer into a WiFi access point with firewall and U...
- Find and connect to open wireless access points.
- Find unknown computers on your internal network and block them.
- Audit installed applications in windows networks.
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 58 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Much much much faster than RealVNC!"
Version: TightVNC 2.0.3
Solid and fast. Includes both client and server. Free and open source. Easy installation. Handles multiple simultaneous clients.
None for me.
The client is probably 5 times faster refreshing the screen. I was using RealVNC over a gigabit network and getting really slow refreshes. Switched to TightVNC client on XP and Remoter on iOS to control my Win7 HTPC (old school for sure - but it works just fine). These new clients are both much much much faster than RealVNC. Went ahead and replace RealVNC server with TightVNC server just because. It is solid and fast, too.
"Been using it for a long time."
Version: TightVNC 2.0.3
Fairly simple to operate. It has flexible installation process, & allow control over levels of remote viewing as well as remote operations each requiring their passwords. Good features.
None that I know of.
I first got familiar with TightVNC through RealVNC, which was another program, but TightVNC is the open source version. TightVNC gives you a more flexible installation process however where you can install TightVNC as a background Windows service process, or you simply avoid doing that & simply turning on TightVNC when you choose, and let it run that way manually instead of automatically in the background. Tight VNC has made good improvements in delivering features as development progressed. It's fairly simple to set up, and easy to use as I tried other similar programs. TightVNC keeps it convenient. I recommend it to anybody who need to remotely connect to a external computer whether it is fixing somebody's computer, doing work remotely away from your computer "on" your computer, or retrieving files. It's a gem of a program that fills a certain need the best I found.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content