TickerType is a game that helps you practice your typing skills. Each game has five turns and each turn is 30, 60 or 90 seconds long, selectable by the user. Words are chosen at random from a built-in dictionary; the player can choose short (2 - 4 letters), medium (4 - 6 letters) or long (6 - 8 letters). With the start of each game or turn, the words start marching across the window in tickertape fashion; the player can choose slow, medium or fast speeds. The goal is to type as many of the words as possible before the time runs out; a countdown is provided. If you type a word correctly before it starts to run off the window, the word disappears and you get ten points plus one point for each letter. The top ten scores are saved. Sound is supported; the player can turn sound on/off. Settings for sound, word length, speed and turn length are saved between sessions. This game is suitable for both adults and kids from age six.
What's new in this version: With Version 1.4.0, words enter from the right. This lets the user start to type as soon as the first letter of the first word appears.
More Products to Consider
- Word game with a twist.
- Addictive word game.
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio an...
- Organize, visualize and maintain your family history.
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- Stop motion animation & time-lapse.
- Design/print avery labels, business cards, dividers, t-shirt tr...
- Solitaire version of the age-old word game.
- Practice arithmetic, simple algebra, Roman numeral skills.
- BBC Model B emulator.
- Test your knowledge of the songs in an iTunes playlist.
- Reading, spelling & pronunciation tutor for English.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Learn any subject using text flash cards.
- Writer's studio: outline, edit, storyboard, write.
- Test your knowledge through fun and game.
- Block-arranging puzzle game tests problem solving skills.
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- Play Bingo with images (vice numbers).
- Read online print media content.
- Defeat all the sea creature enemies to win.