From Dag Agren:
The Unarchiver is a much more capable replacement for "BOMArchiveHelper.app", the built-in archive unpacker program in Mac OS X. The Unarchiver is designed to handle many more formats than BOMArchiveHelper, and to better fit in with the design of the Finder. It can also handle filenames in foreign character sets, created with non-English versions of other operating systems. Supported file formats include Zip, Tar-GZip, Tar-BZip2, Rar, 7-zip, LhA, StuffIt and many other more or less obscure formats. It is localized into Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portugese and Russian.
What's new in this version:
- Experimental support for Mac OS X 10.3.
- Support for pax archives, as found in Installer packages.
- Fixed a bug where large archives with lots of resource forks would cause
massive memory use.
- Fixed some timezone-related bugs. Some format may still have problems getting
the timestamps exactly right, however.
- Various other minor bugfixes.