CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
As if it needed to be any more addicting, you can now take The Sims with you wherever you go. It's not the exact version you're used to, but The Sims -- FreePlay gives you all the best parts of The Sims on smartphones and tablets. Be careful, though; it takes a lot of resources to download and run.
Before you can start playing, you have to go through a download process that clears 300MB. This will push your smartphone's data plan to its limit quickly, so make sure you download it via Wi-Fi. Even then, it may take a long time to download based on your speed. The Sims -- FreePlay requires always-on Internet access to play, too. If you can get past all of those strings, it plays just like you'd expect a Sims game to play. You can build your own house, buy new clothes, and customize every element of your character's life. There's even the occasional outburst of Simish, the game's hilarious language. The graphics match PC and console versions of The Sims. The only difference is that real time matches in-game time so one minute always equals one minute. As with other games with a Facebook component, you can invite your friends or trade real-life cash to make your Sims character fabulously wealthy.
Though it takes a lot of RAM and a while to set up, it's still a Sims game. Fans of the series will find new quirks to love about this game and hours of great gameplay. The Sims -- FreePlay is one of the best time-killers Android has to offer and is another stellar entry to The Sims series.
From Electronic Arts:
From the creators of The Sims 3 series of best-selling mobile games, comes a COMPLETE Sims experience that you can play for FREE on Android.** The Sims FreePlay is a BIG game (600MB+), so we strongly recommend connecting to WiFi before downloading. We promise its worth it! **LET THE FREEPLAY BEGIN! CREATE UP TO 16 CUSTOMIZED SIMS FROM HEAD TO TOE, AND Design dream homes or get fully-furnished houses for your Sims Care for pets, grow gardens, even bake a cake Give your Sims careers and earn Simoleons to improve their situations Complete goals for Lifestyle Points, then spend them on hip items Live with your Sims in real-time (when its day or night for you, its the same for your Sims)!and most of all, play for FREE!MORE SIM-ULATING POSSIBILITIESWill your Sims be friends or enemies? Form relationships with a slap, a high-five (or some Woohoo)! Make your town bustle with pet stores, car dealerships and supermarkets. Expand your city as you get more Sims. Be free, Sims! Be free! The opportunities are limitless! ________________________________________NOTES: - This all-new experience of The Sims is designed for play on Android devices and is not connected to our Facebook game.- You must have an Internet connection to play, so please make sure your device is connected.- To make sure your game experience is the best it can be Please disable 4G before playing and note that we are currently addressing 4G compatibility.- NOTE: May not work on rooted devices.________________________________________Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & moreVISIT US: eamobile.com/androidFOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobileLIKE US: facebook.com/eamobileWATCH US: youtube.com/eamobilegamesCheck out more exciting games from EA like Monopoly, Plants vz. Zombies, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit, Real Racing 2, and Dead Space!For more information about the third party targeted ad serving and analytics technology in this app and data they collect, see End User License Agreement: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/Recent changes:Weve made a lot of behind-the-scenes adjustments to improve stability & overall gameplay.The Sims FreePlay is now playable on even more handsets and tablets.Since you all asked for it weve added an exit feature to the game, too!If you love the Sims FreePlay, let us know with a star rating!Content rating: Low Maturity
What's new in this version: Weve made a lot of behind-the-scenes adjustments to improve stability & overall gameplay.The Sims FreePlay is now playable on even more handsets and tablets.Since you all asked for it weve added an exit feature to the game, too!If you love the Sims FreePlay, let us know with a star rating!
More Products to Consider
- The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by s...
- Play classic Nintendo platformer game on your Android device.
- View IPL 6 live score and schedule.
- Dr. Driving drives you crazy!.
- 4 Pics 1 Word - What's the word in common for 4 pictures?.
- Ride rippin' waves and dodge great whites in the best surfing g...
- One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based drivin...
- Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU custo...
- Trailblaze in this new standard for mobile racing game.
- Go faster than light and destroy everything on your way!.
- 700 Free Solitaire Games in a Single Package!.
- Update your version of The Sims 3 World Adventures.
- Fun and addictive Match-3 game!UP to 100 levels!AMAZING!And the...
- Do you like driving big vehicles? Then you have to try Bus Simu...
- Play the most addictive physics-based car & bike racing game.Fe...
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Help Kate climb her way to the top and become Supermarket Manag...
- Sims 2 game update.
- In a world of might and magic, are you strong enough to dominat...
- Find the best games for you with this recommendation system.
- Dungeon Lurk Adventures - A True Classic Point and Click Action...
- Logo Quiz is the #1 ranked Logo Guessing Game on Google Play.
- Fish vs Pirates - Defend the mermaid from pirates.
- Realistic 3D Yatzy game with many features; play solo, pass'n p...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content