From david finucane:
The Music N*** is a simple replacement for iTunes, suitable for parties. It lets your guests queue up songs while locking the screen (kiosk mode) and disabling the playback controls. The name refers to someone who is really authoritarian about music, and the application is designed to prevent fights among such people over what songs get played next and over which songs get to be played all the way through. You can also specify a set of songs to be played automatically when the user queue runs out. Just like a jukebox in a bar, which will eventually play annoying songs at random when people stop feeding it coins.
It won't play over AirTunes since that's a closed (encrypted) feature of iTunes. However there are third party work-arounds for this (a product called AirFoil).
If you are using an itunes library from a shared disk (i.e. a hard disk from another computer) you have to mount an entire drive at a time, not just (say) your remote home directory. The mount point should look something like /Volumes/Macintosh HD-1/.
What's new in this version:
- support for unicode on Mac OS X 10.3
- fixed bug where songs with &'s wouldn't play.
More Products to Consider
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Automatically cleans and tags your iTunes library.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Mix the music.
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Listen to free Internet radio.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Sync lyrics to your iTunes songs.
- Digital video editing system.
- Listening game chooses songs from iTunes library.