CNET Editors' note: The download button opens the iTunes App Store, where you may continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed with an active iTunes account in order to download and install the software. This download may not be available in some countries.
From Paul Godding:
If you dream of taking part in top sporting competitions and love doing brain-teasing puzzles, you probably enjoy a challenge, so come and sign up and take part in The MATHELONA Games.If you also enjoy Sudoku, you will love MATHELONA. The one general rule invites players to place the numbers 0 to 9 into the coloured rings so the whole line/equation works out as shown below.For example, if the middle black ring contains 6, the four other coloured rings must be filled with a number in the range 0 to 9 so that the left and right calculations both equal 6. These may involve any of the four operations:e.g. 5 + 1 = 6 = 9 3Events & MedalsStart off with the 100m event. By correctly solving two simple challenges, you win a Bronze Medal. You can then decide to either attempt to win a Bronze Medal at the next event, the 200m, or push on at 100m and continue in an attempt to win a Silver Medal.At the higher medal level, you will be playing against the clock. Complete two further, but slightly harder, challenges within 5 minutes and you will be a Silver Medal holder.At this point, the 100m Gold Medal is within your reach. Complete just one tricky challenge in a 10-minute period and youve won Gold.Once you have won at least a bronze at an event, you can move onto the next event. There are six in all; two sprint events (100m & 200m), two middle distance events (800m & 1500m) and finally two long distance events (10,000m and the legendary Marathon).As the events get longer, the challenges at the bronze/silver medal levels increase in number, as does the time allocated, but the gold level at every event involves just one difficult challenge to complete in 10 minutes.Personal Best TimesWhen you have won a medal, you will also see your Personal Best (PB) time shown. At any time, you can decide to return to that event and try to improve your PB at that level (bronze, silver or gold).How to PlayThroughout your participation in The MATHELONA Games, you have 20 numbers available when filling the coloured rings. These are 0 to 9, each of which can only be used a maximum of twice.At the Bronze Medal, you have 12 coloured rings to fill from the 20 numbers available; quite a bit of choice when choosing which numbers to utilise.At the Silver Medal, you have to fill 16 rings from your 20 numbers, and during your Gold Medal attempt, all 20 coloured rings must be filled from the maximum pot of 20 numbers, without making any mistakes!Skills NeededPlayers need to use their basic knowledge of arithmetic with a bit of logic thrown in. Those players who enjoy Sudoku will certainly enjoy MATHELONA.Teachers may also find MATHELONA useful in the classroom to improve the numeracy and arithmetic skills of their pupils while enjoying the challenge of winning medals.Calculations involve a mixture of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division with the fixed target answers in the black rings ranging from 0 to 18 throughout the whole game.
What's new in this version: Fixed bug on the Silver Challenge 20/26!
More Products to Consider
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Guide jumping plumber past obstacles to save Mario's true love.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Play a text-based American football simulation game.
- Roll digital dice to play RPGs.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Travel, explore, make friends, and socialize, for status and we...
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play an interesting simulation game for free.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Play an interesting samurai action game.
- Play an interesting action game.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Play an interesting paparazzi arcade game.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Play an interesting samurai action game.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Get super prize egg for retailers, supermarkets, stores, malls,...
- Knock out all your opponents.
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content