CNET Editors' review
TextTwist 2 is a fun and challenging word game that contains a variety of different puzzles. There's a little something for everyone here, and lovers of word games will find hours of distraction.
The program's interface is sleek and attractive, and users can easily access the various games, as well as options and instructions. The program contains several variations on the word-scramble theme, including Untimed, Timed, Word of the Day, Lightning, and Crossword games. In each game, users are presented with a jumble of letters, which they must then rearrange into words. In several of the games, users must come up with the "bingo" word, which uses all of the given letters, in order to progress to the next round. Users can create additional shorter words from those letters to increase their score. On the whole, we found the game to be quite enjoyable. We liked the fact that it has both timed and untimed options, allowing us to test our skill under pressure or just play a few relaxing rounds. The program contains detailed instructions for how each game is played, and even without them, game play is fairly intuitive. The music and sound effects were enjoyable, but we liked having the ability to turn them off if desired.
TextTwist 2 has a 60-minute trial period, which is plenty of time to get acquainted with it. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We strongly recommend this program to all users who enjoy a good word puzzle.
Shuffle letters to form words in three all-new game modes and two of your favorites. Find the word that uses all of the letters as fast as you can in Lightning mode, complete a crossword puzzle using a limited number of letters in Crossword mode, or try the new daily challenge in Word of the Day mode featuring a new group of letters every day. For classic twisting fun try your hand at the original Timed and Untimed modes. Super TextTwist revolutionized casual word games. Now, TextTwist 2 takes it to the next level. Featuring 25,000 words to find, amazing new graphics, and nearly endless family fun, TextTwist 2 is a must-have for word game fans.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Play a word game.
- Vanquish 180 villains and increase your word power with gems an...
- Recognize phrases by dropping letters into slots.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Remove colorful raindrops by combining them in rows and columns...
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play various arcade games online or download them to your PC.
- Swap blocks to complete lines of a given color.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Help Harold the Homeboy climb huge tower without falling down.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"WOW FREE FOR A WEEK XD"
Version: TextTwist 2
none really :)))
wow cool its free for a week nice!
"This game is addictive!"
Version: TextTwist 2
I've been playing it for years and never tire of it.
The dictionary is not large enough. My vocabulary far exceeds that of the dictionary; many genuine words are not accepted.