Terrabrowser is an internet browser for satellite photos and topographical maps which are obtained from the Microsoft Terra Server. The map data is provided by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and therefore only covers the United States at this time (although expansion to other map servers may occur in the future). Although a GPS receiver is not required to enjoy Terrabrowser, using one opens up more extensive features such as bookmark transfer, and tracklog/route display. Includes extensive bookmarking support, image cache, address search, region download, and many other features!
Terrabrowser features built in support* for Garmin GPS receivers, and also supports Magellan receivers when combined with the freeware program MacGPS Babel). Download waypoints from your GPS to display on the maps, edit them, upload new waypoints to your receiver.
Terrabrowser aims to be compatible with the rest of the GPS world, so it uses the XML based GPX file standard which allows easy exchange (file, copy/paste) with other GPS programs for Macintosh, Linux, Windows, etc. which support this format.
Note - some features are still under development for this alpha version.
What's new in this version:
- [new feature] Added menu option to open selected waypoint(s) in web browser with Google Maps.
- [new feature] Info inspector now remembers its position between launches.
- [new feature] The main browser window can now be re-opened under the View menu if accidentally closed.
- [bugfix] Terrabrowser is now compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 and above ("Tiger").
More Products to Consider
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Combine powerful browsing with media downloading and sharing.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- Browse the web comfortably.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Web browser.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Web browser with Mozilla's rendering engine.
- Weather data logging and display for WMR-918 wireless weather s...
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Analyze Internet connections and track network problems.
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Weather & forecast from National Weather Service.
- Link to GPS receivers for mapping, etc.
- Protect your privacy by blocking online tracking.