Pale Moon is an Open Source, Goanna-based web browser available for Microsoft Windows and Linux (with other operating systems in development), focusing on efficiency and customization. It's completely built from its own, independently developed source that has been forked off from Firefox/Mozilla code a number of years ago, and focuses on efficiency and ease of use by carefully selecting features and optimizations to improve the browser's stability and user experience, while offering full customization and a growing collection of extensions and themes to make the browser truly your own.
This browser, even though fairly close to Gecko-based browsers like Mozilla Firefox and SeaMonkey in the way it works, is based on a different layout engine and offers a different set of features. It aims to provide close adherence to official web standards and specifications in its implementation (with minimal compromise). With the current generation of mainstream browsers, there are also more obvious and not just "under the hood" differences: Pale Moon will continue to provide grouped navigation buttons of a decent size, a bookmarks toolbar that is enabled by default, tabs next to page content by default (easily switchable) and not in the least a functional status bar and more freedom in customization.
- Optimized for modern processors.
- Based on our own optimized layout and rendering engine (Goanna).
- Safe: forked from mature Mozilla code and regularly updated with the latest security patches.
- Secure: Additional security features and security-aware development.
- Supported by our user community, and fully non-profit.
- Familiar, efficient, fully customizable interface.
- Support for full themes: total freedom for any element's design.
- Support for easily-created lightweight themes (skins).
- Smooth and speedy page drawing and script processing.
- Superior gradients and fonts.
- Increased stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for a growing number of Pale Moon exclusive extensions.
- Extensive and growing support for existing web standards.