CNET Editors' review
There's just one thing wrong with Internet radio: there's too much of it, and what's wrong with that, really? Free music in every style, genre, era, fashion, and flavor, crystal-clear and streamed free of charge directly to you. All you have to do is choose what to listen to. So the only real "problem" with Internet radio is sorting out an overwhelming number of choices, not only which stations to try but also which format. You need a dedicated Internet radio app; something like TapinRadio.
It supports major formats such as MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, and WMA. It enables smooth station transitions, recording, and searching. It even has a sleep shutdown feature, mono output, alarm scheduler, and other features you might find on a tabletop radio rather than a desktop media player.
TapinRadio's installer offers Normal and Portable installation options. We chose the normal setup, but we like the idea of a fully portable option since TapinRadio is a natural for travelers. The program has a simple, efficient interface; nothing flashy, though the Dark Mode presents a gray-toned alternative to the default theme. TapinRadio is split horizontally between the station display and play controls above and the search tool and stations list below. It's very easy to use: type in a search (such as for a performer, band, or style) and TapinRadio quickly displays an impressive list of stations.
We typed in "ska" and got hits for everything from '80s two-tone to Polish national radio, though it's possible to narrow the selections by choosing from the Region, Genre, and Network submenus on the Stations menu. To play a station, simply click it in the list, and its information appears in the player section, such as name, bit rate, genre, and nation, depending on what's available. The player has Play, Record, and Options buttons and a volume slider. The options include an equalizer, station sharing, and an advanced clipboard tool that lets you select and play items directly from the clipboard.
Of course, the biggest thing about Net radio is that it's huge fun. You can hear everything and anything from all corners of the globe: music, news, weather, talk, and more. We found TapinRadio made it easy.
TapinRadio supports most of the internet radio formats like MP3, WMA, OGG VORBIS, and AAC. It provide smooth switching between stations, record what you are listening to which include separate song files. It automatically check software and stations, show your favorites in groups, and sleep timer to shutdown.
What's new in this version: Version 1.58.2 has fixed some minor bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Listen to different online radio stations from your computer.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Record audio streams from online radio stations.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Listen to over 20000 online radio stations and record your favo...
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Listen to and download over 30,000 Internet radio stations on y...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Listen to audio files with light and simple audio player from t...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Listen to Internet radio stations on your PC.
- Get links to 18 online alternative radio stations.
- Rip and convert DVD to popular video/audio formats.
- Get easy streaming of radio channels through Google Chrome.
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content