TapeDeck is a new audio recorder exclusively for Mac OS X 10.5, designed with a quick-capture workflow in mind. You're never more than a single mouse click (or keystroke) away from making a new recording, which are called, unsurprisingly, "tapes." TapeDeck records directly to compressed MP4-AAC audio, making it equally useful for quick high-fidelity samples or hours and hours of lecture.
As you can see, TapeDeck was designed to emulate a real cassette tape recorder (perhaps you have a similar model in your basement), but with a few key differences:
- Every recording you ever make is immediately saved in the box of Tapes.
- You cannot record over an existing tape; clicking Record automatically starts a new tape for you.
Of course, TapeDeck improves on the traditional tape recorder in a number of ways:
- In much the same way that digital cameras made film "free," TapeDeck makes tapes "free": you'll never run out of tape (until you run out of disk space).
- TapeDeck's recording quality is far better than that of an audiocassette. You can adjust the recording quality to trade file size for recording length.
- An audiocassette has a label (where you can write a little bit) and a case liner (where you can write a lot). TapeDeck has these too, but they're full-text searchable.
- Tapes are standard .m4a audio files, so you can copy them into iTunes and synchronize them with your iPod, or email tapes to others.
To record with TapeDeck, you must have a built-in microphone, use device plugged into your Mac's line-in port (such as a microphone, record player, etc.), or another audio input device (USB input, Bluetooth headset, etc.).
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Bring High Definition sound to YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, Pandor...
- Change your voice and add sound effects to games and voice chat...
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- MP3 Cutter Joiner is easy-to-use MP3 Cutter and MP3 Joiner tool...
- Enhance the sound quality of all PC audio.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Mount ISO images as CD/DVD device virtually.
- Combine multiple MP3 files into one and optionally convert the ...
- Split and join MP3 files and WAV files.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Not bad, works like a simple tape machine."
Version: TapeDeck 1.5.2
Simple, easy to use. I like the look and "feel" of an old cassette player/recoder.
This version does not work with OSX10.6.8 ! My main computer (for audio) is still 10.6.8.
My Mac Book Pro is running Mountain Lion so this version is OK.
There are lots of audio recorders out there, most have more editing functions. Tape deck's strong point is only the look of a cassette.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content