CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
After just one look at the touch screen of an iPhone it was clear that someone would make an app like Tap DJ. The most important question was whether that app would be any good. In this case, we are happy to report that the app is not only good, but also it is one of the most engaging, well-rounded music creation and mixing apps in the App Store, with more features than most people will need and an intuitive interface that makes it not only easy, but also very fun to use.
Open Tap DJ for the first time and you're asked to run through a quick tutorial. It takes 30 seconds and shows you every vital feature of the app -- a must for first-time users. From there, you can start mixing your tracks. While actual music won't play because of the DRM protection (not a fault of the app, but a legitimate legal protection), your own beats, spoken word tracks, or non-DRM samples will play. You can change speed, volume, crossfade, and dozens of other levels with the onscreen controls, and you can record and share your mixes. The interface is very simple to use with only a handful of buttons up front and more advanced controls hidden behind secondary menus where power users can enhance their mixes further.
Tap DJ for iPhone is a powerful app that provides a robust, entertaining experience that anyone will enjoy, not just music professionals and DJs. Whether you dream of DJing up in da club or simply like playing with new digital toys, check this app out. It's worth your time.
From Laan Labs:
Tap DJ for iPhone has integrated iPod library access, FX, and three-Band equalizer for each deck, integrated nine Pad sampler, three loopable cue points per deck, option to record your mixes, voice recording, GyroScratch technology, two included skins, option to import tracks from USB, or WiFi, or iPod, discover new music by viewing top mixes, realistic turntable interface, and live waveform views for precise mixing.
More Products to Consider
- Stream music online, follow your favorite artist, track concert...
- Discover music and follow your favorite artists via Twitter.
- Turn your iPhone into a flute-like instrument and play your fav...
- Play your Slacker Radio stations on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Highlight the track while recording audio, helping you focus on...
- Stream friends iTunes music libraries to your iPhone and access...
- Choose any track from your library and scratch it.
- Record and publish songs over internet from your iPhone.
- Record and add audio to your photos and share with friends.
- Manage your personal events and get reminded about your life ev...
- Navigate your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch's music library with...
- Get the music creation studio on your iPhone.
- Find streaming movies and TV shows to rent or buy.
- Play toy piano on your iOS devices.
- Enables expert musical performance from all players, regardless...
- Control Hypnos and start iTunes remotely over iCloud.
- Find voice talent for your audio and video productions.
- Control time and enhance personal time management with this tim...
- Find playlists for any mood, event, or occasion, read the lates...
- BPM/time counter.
- Shake your iphone to play a variety of guitar or drum music.
- Turn your iPad into a music station with dynamic playsiskts and...
- Listen to Radio NRJ and all of its exclusive live streams.
- Get a collection of 10 different songs on your iphone.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1