CNET Editors' review
Style Advisor is a handy program for virtual makeovers, though style options are limited. The program's well-designed interface is easy to operate and allows you to experiment with new hair and makeup styles and accessories, using built-in style templates. The wizard walks you through the process of creating a new guise. It comes with sample photos, though you can easily upload a picture of yourself. Using the templates provided, you can see how you look with a new hairstyle, makeup, and eyebrows. It even allows you to try on jewelry, contact lenses, and other accessories. It offers a variety of editing tools, such as color and image effects, that allow for refined modifications.
Once you've found your favorite makeover style, you can save and print. Objects can be easily resized, but don't expect them to be a perfect fit every time. Unfortunately, you can't upload photos of your favorite hairstyles, because the program doesn't allow for new templates. During testing, templates took a while to completely load and caused our machine to slow down. Despite a couple of flaws, anyone looking to try out a new style before committing to a real change will enjoy what Style Advisor puts on the table.
From Soft Xpansion:
Style Advisor offers a variety of options, which let you to decide how far to take your makeover. Style Advisor uses a scanned or digital photo image to show you what you would look like with a new hair style or hair colour, makeup or accessories. Results could be saved as special project file, to widely-used graphic formats, or printed.
Version 4.0 includes new user-friendly program interface,program wizard guides you through the whole program and automatic face recognition.
What's new in this version: Version 4.0 includes new user-friendly program interface,program wizard guides you through the whole program and automatic face recognition.
More Products to Consider
- Use your photo images to show you what makeup and hair style an...
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- Find new makeup solutions for yourself.
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Play a virtual extreme makeover and celebrity morphing game.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- See how you might look with a new hairstyle and makeup.
- Enjoy relaxation, stress relief, happiness and other positive e...
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Display Paul Cezanne masterpiece paintings on your desktop scre...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- View, manage, and modify your CSS files.
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Create Office XP style menus in your Visual Basic Applications.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Create your own online virtual space.
- Find and play Internet video.
- Turn your PC screen into a virtual picture frame of Edgar Degas...
- Choose colors for your Web site, programs, or office applicatio...
All versions:2.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Couldn't even get it to install"
Version: Style Advisor 4.0
There were no pros.
While this may have been fantastic technology three years ago, it is now outdated. It requires Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1, and is not compatible with any higher versions. On top of that, the error messages that it returned were awful.
Setup determined, that you haven't install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. Should the "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1" be installed now? Otherwise setup will be aborted. Yes/No
Upon clicking "Yes" it returns the exact same message, and only has an "OK" button, then the setup closes without installing anything.
I wouldn't bother with Style Advisor.