From Chaotic Software:
The Startup Security application enables firmware security on your Macintosh. Available for Mac OS 9 and X, you can protect your computer from harmful use by changing a few simple settings. When Startup Security is combined with a physical security solution, your machine virtually becomes an impenetrable fortress!
- Set a firmware password so that boot device settings and other machine parameters cannot be changed without authorization
- Completely prevent boot-up of a machine without the proper password
- Enable three different modes of security -- Off, Default Boot Device Only and Full
What's new in this version: Added compatibility for Mac OS X 10.3 or later.
More Products to Consider
- Antivirus app powered by the open-source ClamAV engine.
- Detect apps that establish outgoing Internet connections.
- Protects privacy online and secures your computer.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Get Wi-Fi privacy and security, protect yourself from malware t...
- Maintain your anonymity online and secure your web session.
- Easy-to-use protection from viruses, Trojans and worms. Quarant...
- Protect your anonymity and others' as you browse the web.
- Encrypt your valuable sensitive data.
- Record keystrokes, websites, chats, and screenshots.
- MacKeeper is like 911 for your Mac.
- Network protocol analysis app: deep inspection, live capture & ...
- Scan the page behind any link you click on or any web address y...
- Store passwords, logins, notes, then sync to your mobile phone ...
- Detect spyware, clean up Internet privacy clutter and protects ...
- Monitor your home and your loved ones from anywhere - with any ...
- Protect the Data You Share & Store in the Cloud.
- Record keystrokes, log visited websites, take screenshots and s...
- Small Security Program-Download Fixed!.
- Monitor user activity on your Mac Pro, iMac, MacBook, MacBook A...
- Powerful additions for most password protection systems.
- Securely and automatically log into websites and store private ...
- Enables the standards-based VPN server built into Mac OS X.
- Secure file backup, FTP/SFTP folder sync.