If you are looking for a free and easy-to-use spam filter for your favorite e-mail client--look no further. SPAMfighter begins working for you instantly by automatically removing spam and phishing e-mails from your inbox. SPAMfighter is also powered by a community of over 8 million users and allows you to contribute to the war against spam. When several people report the same spam mail, it is automatically blocked for the rest of the SPAMfighter community. SPAMfighter supports Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, Live Mail (POP3), and Mozilla Thunderbird. SPAMfighter is 100% free to use for home users.
What's new in this version: Minor bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Filter out spam in Outlook.
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Protect yourself from spam and phishing e-mail.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Filter out spam in The Bat and Voyager.
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Don't get flooded in spam or lose e-mails ever again.
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Send and receive E-mail with advanced security and spam filteri...
- Provide anti-spam/e-mail notification for multiple POP3/SSL POP...
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Eliminate unsolicited junk mail from your inbox with no false p...
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Get rid of spam even without a look at your junk mail.
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Remove spam in emails on a Windows system.
- Block spam and unwanted e-mail before it gets to your computer.
- Get rid of spam and save your time.
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 4,974 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Biggest Spammer of all"
Version: Spamfighter 7.6.90
None, since it didn't stop even clear spam emails.
Doesn't catch obvious spam. To install pro version you must call an 888 number and then a very rude person tries to con you into giving them remote access into your computer so they can supposedly activate the product. Reality is they install additional trial software that constantly bugs you to buy.
This is software that I would stay far away from. As an IT manager I have to check out all software that anyone in our company wants to install. When I went through the purchase and install steps for this software I couldn't believe they demanded I give them remote access to my computer.
On the invoice it has a huge graphic that says to activate call an 888 number where a native English speaker will activate your software. A very rude person answered and demanded that I give him remote access into my computer so he could activate the software and check out some other settings to insure the software will run correctly. When I told him there was no way that I would give him access into my computer he got even ruder and said "Then you just paid for software that isn't going to work right."
I finally got him to admit that he didn't really need access to my computer.
After getting off the phone with this activation tech I then noticed that Spamfighter had also installed a number of their other products on my computer.
It is now 2 days later and I think I've finally gotten all their software removed from my computer.
I just feel it is a very poor business practice to not tell people that your software requires remote access in order to activate and to have your software install all their other products as trialware that is then going to bug them until they uninstall or purchase.
If that is what they have to do in order to sell their product then that doesn't speak very well of their software and then having a no refund policy tells even more about their business practices.
Bottom line is if I had known before I purchased what I know now I would have immediately told the person asking about this software "No way!"
"It works for me."
Version: Spamfighter 7.6.90
Keep my email free of junk.
Have found none.