Smile Server is an integrated web applications development environment based on Smile, the AppleScript automation environment. With the Smile server license, you can receive and handle http requests (cgi and xml-rpc), and program web applications in AppleScript (visit an example). Smile is also a free XHTML editor, it can validate XML documents edited in Unicode windows and display HTML pages in its web browser windows. The technologies available to Smile's users include:
- a text editor for ASCII and Unicode, including XML editing features,
- a line-by-line script debugging terminal,
- a XML and p-list engine,
- an automated graphics generation engine,
- search-and-replace commands supporting Regular Expressions and Unicode text,
- the possibility to control external codes and third-party applications,
- maths processing commands,
- data visualization features (require the SmileLab paid license).
You can get a free, time-limited license for Smile Server: please visit this page.