From NirSoft Freeware:
SmartSniff allows you to capture TCP or IP packets that pass through your network adapter, and view the captured data as sequence of conversations between clients and servers. You can view the TCP or IP conversations in ASCII mode (for text-based protocols, like HTTP, SMTP, POP3, and FTP) or as hex dump. (for non-text base protocols, like DNS).
What's new in this version: Version 2.06 displays HTTP POST URLs on 'URL List' display mode.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- View TCP or IP packets that pass through your network adapter i...
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Displays the list of Internet Explorer components.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Shows all system's windows in hierarchical display.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Display list of all favorites and bookmarks of your browser.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Read, save, or remove all information in your Internet Explorer...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Copy and paste the memory address of a desired exported functio...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Encrypt all the Internet packets transferred from your PC.
All versions:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"can't get it to work"
Version: SmartSniff 1.45
didn't like anything
tried all the capture drivers but nothing picked up any traffic
"Fast and efficient"
Version: SmartSniff 1.11
This is a pretty neat little packet sniffer which is surprisingly small in size, around 50KB only. And for the size, its packs a punch. The interface is not earth shattering but that's ok since its small in size. What really rocks is its ability to use Raw sockets in Win 2k/XP instead of installing WinPCap. Another awesome feature which I'm in love with is its ability to group packets belonging to the same TCP/IP session/conversation. Couple this with display modes like ASCII and HEX dump, and you get a neat little package.
Its filtering ability is a little limited.