Slammer is a layout tool. You can design layouts by sectioning your canvas using grid systems, fibonacci series, golden sections or harmonious sections. Slammer can be used as an overlay on top of any application while you are tweaking your design. Slammer also has rulers, a magnifier and a color picker to help you further.
Complete Feature Set:
- Take a closer look at your design
- 8 way resizable frame
- Pixel perfect rulers that support 5 different units( Pixel, Pica, Inch, CM & MM)
- Resizable Magnifier that can display both in frame and as a separate HUD window.
- Pixel wide crosshairs that display clearly on both light and dark backgrounds with the color of the pixel underneath the cross hair shown. This color can be copied by simply pressing CMD + C
Grid systems are incredible tools for laying out designs. Little support for grid systems is provided by the design tools.
Slammer aims to correct that by providing a single solution for all design apps. Slammer supports 4 types of grid distributions. Uniform grids allow for columns(or rows) and gutters with specified widths. Fibonacci series creates sections based on the series 1, 1, 2, 3, 4... starting with any value. Golden Sections divide your canvas in the divine proportion 1.618. Harmonious sections divide the canvas into equal sections.
Each of the above grids can be oriented in any direction on your canvas. These overlays are grouped into layers. Layers can be restricted with margins allowing you to create sections of your page with different grids. For example, you can create layers for Header, Footer, Sidebar and Content for your website design.
Slammer templates are layout blueprints. They record the thought process behind a layout. These templates can be exported and imported within the application. This allows designers to share their layout with the community or with coworkers. Slammer also allows you to grab a screen shot of the area below slammer with or without the grids. You can also export the grids as a composite image.
In order for the designers to interactively layout their design, Slammer has a click through mode where it can stay on top of any application while allowing you to manipulate the objects underneath. Slammer's company website and its Inspector window were laid out using Slammer.
What's new in this version:
Uniform grids now allow the number of columns to be changed. Slammer adjusts the section size based on the number of columns.
An extensive user guide with an example workflow i... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create and process PDF documents.
- Convert PDF files to various formats.
- Convert PDFs and images to text via OCR.
- Create or download 3D models.
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Create or download 3D models.
- 3D modeling, animation & rendering tool.
- Reduce size of InDesign links; convert colors, formats & more.
- Batch process images.
- Paint app similar to MacPaint & Microsoft Paint.
- Easily PDF files without buying Adobe Acrobat.
- File card app for learning purposes.
- Capture stop frame animation, motion design and special effects...
- Directory comparison & text differencing app.
- Create various architectural designs.
- Create 3D graphics and animations.
- Make audio clips from books so you can listen to them in iTunes...
- Explore new paths with this vector tool.
- Automate printing and exporting from InDesign.
- Solve complex simulation problems using system dynamics techniq...
- Photoshop plugin sharpens out-of-focus images.
- Work with CDR files on your Mac.
- E-learning content creation, sharing & discussion.
- Software engineering tool.