CNET Editors' review
Anyone who needs lightweight screen-capturing and editing software will love Skitch for Mac. Although it lacks some of the tools -- such as mask and layer -- that you find in a high-end image editor such as Photoshop, its well-designed, intuitive interface guides you all the way through the quick and effective editing actions, and the result speaks for itself.
The app launches in a gray window with a white canvas in the center, while the outer borders contain all the available options, allowing you to perform a long list of actions. But since Skitch is centered around screenshots, you will first use the Snap button in the upper-right corner, which places crosshairs on the screen, allowing you to select the specific area you'd like to capture. We liked how the app uses information boxes to teach you about the available options; for example, it taught us that by pressing Shift during dragging, a 3-second countdown is activated. Also, the app displays the snapshot's width and height while dragging, which makes a great addition to the software, and useful information. In addition, you can use the Mac's iSight camera to snap a picture of yourself and save both the screenshot and the picture in a wide variety of popular formats for further editing, including the editable Skitch format.
The fun begins as soon as the snapshot is ready. You can choose from a variety of tools, and you can customize them at will. Skitch makes editing fun; you can add an arrow or various other shapes to the photo with one click, so you can point out something on a photo, but this is just the beginning.
Skitch for Mac goes beyond a basic screenshot tool by becoming a lightweight image-editing tool as well. Considering its sharing options, the app is a must-have for anyone who works with screenshots and needs basic image-editing tools all in one place.
Skitch Inc was formed as a company in 2010 by four partners spread across Australia and Norway. With help from contributors based in Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, Australia and the US, Skitch has become our beloved 'Swiss Army knife' of visual communication. We built Skitch and skitch.com to solve our own needs of sharing a visual idea, fast -- and if you have the same need, then we're sure you will fall in love with Skitch too.
What's new in this version: - New: Menubar Skitch Helper lets you capture screen shots by clicking on the menu bar or with keyboard shortcuts even when Skitch isn't running
- Improved text editing
- Numerous other bug fixes and enhancements
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Edit, adjust, filter, and collage your images; take your photos...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
All versions:4.1 stars
out of 14 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content