From Familie Fischer:
Since summer 2007 it is possible to connect the model-railway to a Macintosh/PC not only via the serial port but also via USB (without using a USB-serial-converter) and via Ethernet. The possible connection depends solely on the selected digital central unit. The version v0.5 of SimpleDigitalLocomotive supports the connection using a serial port (or in one special case via USB using an USB-serial-converter if a MacOS-X driver is installed) and the connection via Ethernet port.
This simple program can control digital model railway systems compatible to the 6050-syntax, the Intellibox-extended-syntax or the Selectrix-syntax using the serial port of an Apple Macintosh. Locomotives, function models and accessories (accessories not for the Selectrix-syntax). Apple's standard serial port was the RS.422 (8-pin) instead of the PC-world's RS.232 (9-pin). After the release of the first iMac and G3 blue/white (1999) this serial port was no longer implemented by Apple. Macs of today have only USB as their standard serial interface.
The old Digital Interface 6050 / 6051 (which is required to connect a Mrkl6021 Central Unit with a computer) has its own serial port (DIN 8-pin) and is shipped with a cable RS.232-to-Digital- Interface-6051. Our beta-tester Carsten Bansemer reported a succesfull connection via a DB9-DB25 converter to this cable to connect an old 68k-Mac using a Mac-modem-serial cable. We have tested that installation succesfully: this way is the easiest and simplest one for setting up a stable connection.
Other digital controlling devices (for example the IB classic) have built in a RS.232 modem-serial port. A connection to the Mac is then possible with a standard Mac-modem-cable.
What's new in this version:
- CS2/CC-Schnitte-2: added compatibility for GleisReporter-DeLuxe, allowing polling, status request and single contact's event response;
- CS2: single contact event response debugged;
- "Sensor list": allow module-status requests for CC-Schnitte-2.
- ECoS/CS1: request-view for accessories added on program start.
- ECoS/CS1: request-view debugged for vehicles on program start.
- ECoS/CS1: debugged "ReleaseView" for sensors when deleting module from list.
- ECoS/CS1: ad... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Amazon-enabled home inventory system for books, movies.
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio an...
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- BBC Model B emulator.
- Scientific 2D plotting program.
- Manage your personal video collection.
- Control model railroad layouts with your Mac.
- Read online print media content.
- Organize, visualize, and maintain your family history.
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- Track and hunt all your media.
- Blood glucose reading tracking for diabetics.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Helps users manage the books in their library.
- Stream videos, photos and music to PS3, Xbox 360, and other sup...
- Download this driver for the USB digital camera.
- A simple recipe manager with customizable ingredients lists.
- Home automation server that provides complete control in one ea...
- Record actions on your screen as a movie.
- Let your computer express itself.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"moved to new homepage: http://www.sdl.claranet.de/"
Version: SimpleDigitalLocomotiveX 0.5a7
free, supports all known Märklin devices
no automatic route control
alternative homepage: http://simpledigitallocomotive.npage.de/