Sequencher works with all automated DNA sequencers and is widely known for its lightning-fast contig assembly, short learning curve, user-friendly editing tools, and superb technical support. First released almost 15 years ago, Sequencher is currently used for sequence analysis tasks in every major genomic and pharmaceutical company as well as numerous academic and government labs in over 40 countries around the world. Life Science researchers use Sequencher for many diverse DNA sequence analysis applications including de novo gene sequencing, mutation detection, forensic human identification, systematics, and more.
Sequencher capabilities include heterozygote & SNP detection and analysis, cDNA to Genomic DNA large gap alignment, comparative sequencing, support for confidence scores, ORF translation, GenBank feature import, and restriction enzyme mapping.
What's new in this version:
- New Translated Variance allows researchers to quickly ID which DNA sequence changes alter protein coding.
- 4 New Reports for saving or presenting results with all associated supporting data in one place
- Variance Table now includes the ability to limit the comparison to a sequence range or specific features
- New context-sensitive menus throughout.
- Improved GenBank Feature handing.