CNET Editors' review
Computer users are facing increasing pressure to use strong passwords to protect their accounts, but that's not always easy to do when the best passwords--long, random strings of numbers and letters--are so hard to remember. Secure Password Manager is one of many tools designed to store passwords in one safe spot, keeping them handy but also protected.
Secure Password Manager has a unique interface, with styling we can only describe as space-age. Generally, though, the program is easy to figure out. We first created a new user and master password under which to store our passwords. Then we created some folders to accommodate our various types of accounts: a folder for e-mail accounts, a folder for Web site log-ins, and so on. For each new password record we were able to enter the title, username, password, and comments. Secure Password Manager also has an autofill feature that in theory will automatically enter log-in information into a browser, chat client, or other program, but we couldn't get this feature to activate even after consulting the Help file. We did like it that Secure Password Manager comes with a password generator that lets you specify the length and type of characters used, which is always a better way to create a password than trying to come up with one based on your first pet and childhood phone number. We also liked that the main interface displays the last log-in and number of failed log-in attempts, making it easy to find out if someone else has been trying to access your information. Overall, Secure Password Manager didn't offer much that we haven't seen in numerous other programs, but it worked just fine and should meet the needs of most users.
Too many passwords?
Do you have too many passwords, which expire on different dates, are subject to different rules, or are managed with different tools? This complexity creates problems, like forget your passwords.
Secure Password Manager is the right solution to manage your passwords. It spares you the trouble of filling in your logins, passwords, and other personal data manually.
It is well designed to let you store and track names, passwords, credit cards, software serial numbers and confidential notes in an encrypted form securely and easily. It can autofill in your login information in any application (IE, Netscape, Opera, ICQ, MSN...).
What's new in this version: Version 2.5 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"unexpectedly deleted my passwords"
Version: Secure Password Manager 2.5
It worked for a little while, and then...
...it deleted my passwords after I opened the program in another user account.
Version: Secure Password Manager 2.5
Works like it says
None so far
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content