From Rob Frohne's Software:
"Save My Whiteboard" works in concert with your digital camera to save the notes you put up on your whiteboard in a format that Calvin or your other students can view and print on their computers. I find that students having difficulty understanding the lecture are faced with a perplexing decision. They can either take notes like crazy, trying to write down everything the professor says, and hope to decipher them sometime after class, or they can put down their pencils and concentrate completely on the professor's explanations, perhaps asking a few questions along the way and hopefully understand what transpired. As a professor, I would prefer them to take the second choice, but this leaves them without any notes, which means it is difficult for them to reconstruct the material later. I find it difficult to make notes ahead of class to pass out, and in fact often I don't make any notes at all before the lecture, which leaves my students in a pickle after I erase the whiteboard. I decided to try and solve this problem. "Save My Whiteboard" along with my new Olympus digital camera is my solution. I have used this for a couple of weeks already, and received some good comments from the students. This quarter is the first one I intend to make a complete collection of my notes available to students on the web using Save My Whiteboard.
What's new in this version:
- Multi-threading for faster photo processing.
- Supports OS X.
- Works on blackboards, not just whiteboards.
- Slightly better processing parameters for cleaner results.
More Products to Consider
- Amazon-enabled home inventory system for books, movies.
- Make CD labels, covers, jewel case and DVD case inserts, and so...
- Saves Whiteboard notes using digital cameras.
- GarageBand 11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio an...
- Print labels, greeting cards, posters, calendars...
- Manage, update, personalize your TomTom GPS.
- Ebook reader & converter for Mac, iPhone & Kindle.
- BBC Model B emulator.
- Scientific 2D plotting program.
- Manage your personal video collection.
- Control model railroad layouts with your Mac.
- Read online print media content.
- Organize, visualize and maintain your family history.
- Prayer times: salaat/namaz, athan (azan) & qibla direction.
- Track and hunt all your media.
- For Sony Ericsson mobile phones.
- Blood glucose reading tracking for diabetics.
- Helps users manage the books in their library.
- Stream videos, photos and music to PS3, Xbox 360, and other sup...
- A simple recipe manager with customizable ingredients lists.
- Access and control your home from anywhere using any modern web...
- Let your computer express itself.
- Help elementary-age students learn the place value of numbers.
- Catalog, browse, share books, movies, music, video.