Convert audio and video formats via simple user interfaces. Support batch files conversion. Support drag and drop operations. Support custom conversion configurations. Support conversion error detection. Multi-language user interfaces.
What's new in this version: Version 1.0.7 includes some bug fixes and support for express video conversion
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play all the most popular video and audio formats.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Convert, edit video and audio files for multimedia devices.
- Add audio/video codecs and filters to playback any video file.
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Record, convert, and enjoy movies, video streams, and DVDs.
- Find, download, and convert music and movies on the Internet w...
- Transcode video in real time between H.263, H.263+, H.264, and ...
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Search for movie subtitles and download them to your PC.
- Play various media files using internal codecs.
- Create an AVCHD disc (BD5/BD9/BD25) or MKV from a Blu-Ray or MK...
- Enjoy movies and all your media on your PC, notebook, smartphon...
- Capture, edit, and replace green screen videos and images.
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- Convert, record and copy Music, Audiobooks, Videos, HD-Movies a...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Convert your videos to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, MP4, H264, AVI, ...
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 30 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Converted videos unusable, terrible interface."
Version: SMConverter 1.0.7
-Tries to install Bing tools by default, easy to miss opt-out
-Very poor user interface
-Converted videos unusable
-Breaks video codecs
When installing, there was a screen with a very non-obvious opt-out for MSN/Bing tools installation. That, to me, qualifies this app as adware. Just my oppinion, I know this isn't the definition, but there it is. I am not going to report it for removal, just a heads up
The interface is very counter-intuitive. The flow of the interface is not well thought out, and buttons are not labled clearly for the function they perform. Such as the "save" button is what you use to open the dialog to select where you want the ouput to save, and the "output location" button does nothing
I converted a 3gpp video shot with my Captivate phone to an AVI. THe program performed the conversion in about 60-90 seconds for a 2 minute video. The converted video, however, was unusable; filled with blocking, audio glitches, and large segments of missing frames.
Now, my PC will not even play the original 3gpp file as it was before installing this application.
All said and done, this app is not worth the time to download and install. It doesn't work, it tries to install adware, and breaks your codecs.
"Converter didn't work; also installed unwanted programs"
Version: SMConverter 1.0.7
Nothing - but I learned to be less trusting of programs on cnet.
Converter didn't work, period. It said it converted the file, but it didn't. It reconfigured Firefox, changing my homepage to MSN and adding toolbars. It also installed a series of programs (labeled C++ in my programs) that I suspect was spyware...
Don't use this "program"
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content