From Maxum Development:
If you need to allow people from within your office or across the Internet to send, receive, and manage files on a central Mac, Rumpus FTP is what you are looking for. Whether you need to accept graphics files from remote locations, manage content on a Web server, or coordinate a work group with a single file server that everyone can access, Rumpus is the answer. Rumpus FTP can handle virtually any Internet file transfer task by working with standard FTP and Web clients on any platform, and do it with remarkable ease.
What's new in this version:
- FTP file downloads with restricted speeds greater than 640 KBps are now processed at the full allowed transfer rate.
- When files that already exist on the server are drop shipped, the e-mail now includes the correct file size in place of the "FILE_SIZE" token.
- A bug that could cause remote Web account administration to be incorrectly disabled when certain Web settings options are changed has been corrected.
- When a file request is issued by a Rumpus user authent... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Analyze and view remote network computer statistics.
- Scan the Web content and local files.
- Track hardware and software installed on network computers.
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Manage game rentals, internet usage, and device rentals for you...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Best of class"
Version: Rumpus 7.1.1
Beautifully programmed, high speed, low drag. Support is excellent, and your suggestions are welcomed.
Server only runs on Mac, which might be be a pro in some books. Clients can be of any operating system.
I've tried several different FTP/File transfer solutions and this one is the absolute best. Stone reliable and super easy to mange. I constantly have clients and consultants ask me what software is it that I use and they've been through the same frurstrations I went through. You can manage the accounts through the web interface or through the mgmt app, so it is possible to manage it somewhat via a windows machine. The dropship feature is fantastic, as we have a limitation for email enclosures. Frankly the only alternative to Rumpus is to use a hosted service, which can be extremely expensive when you hit bandwidth limits. Many others in our industry (architecture) use full featured project management systems as glorified file transfer services. They cost a fortune and usually require an FTE to manage. Rumpus is simple, fast and easy for you to manage.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content