Remote Control for PC turns your mobile phone into a universal remote controller for Windows computer. The application is perfect for home entertainment and business purpose. The software will get you to remotely manage your PCs favorite apps, navigate with the cursor and perform mouse button clicks. Software supported: Microsoft Office PowerPoint, OpenOffice presentations, Winamp, Windows Media Player, WinDVD, VLC player, DivX player, QuickTime, Media Player Classic, MPC Home Cinema, Youtube flash player. Requirements: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 OS and Nokia S60 phone (both: 3rd and 5th edition) or Symbian^3 phone. For example: Nokia E50, E60, E61, E62, E65, E70, N71, N73, N75, N77, N80, N91, N92, N93, 5700, 6110, 6120, 6121, 6124, 6290, E51, E63, E66, E71, N76, N81, N82, N95, 5320, 5630, 5730, 6210, 6220, 6650, 6700, 6710, 6720, 6730, 6730, 6760, 6788, 6790, C5, E5, E52, E55, E72, E73, E75, N78, N79, N85, N86, N96, X5-00, X5-01, 5228, 5230, 5235, 5250, 5800, C5-03, C6-00, N97, N97 mini, X6-00, C6-01, C7-00, E7-00, N8.
More Products to Consider
- Connect your Nokia Series 60 phone to Wi-Fi hotspots and home n...
- Share your 3G connection over Wifi.
- Make and receive Skype calls on your mobile device.
- Manage files of any OBEX ready device supporting file transfer ...
- Connect your Windows Mobile device to Wi-Fi hotspots and home n...
- Control and access PC desktop from mobile phone.
- Use Facebook on your BlackBerry, and integrate contacts.
- Chat with other Skypers, call any land line or mobile phone, se...
- Recolorize trackball on your BlackBerry Pearl.
- Add a dictionary with definitions and coverage of world, region...
- Record voice notes and send them via e-mail using your BlackBer...
- Connect to your desktop through the Java or Symbian mobile phon...
- Interact with your desktop PC using wireless Pocket PC device w...
- Manage PowerPoint presentations on a computer using a Pocket PC...
- Control specific PC functions remotely with your Palm.
- Control Windows Media Player on your computer from wireless Poc...
- View, edit and create Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files on your...
- Use your Palm organizer as an infrared remote control.
- Control your PC from Pocket PC device remotely.
- Learn English vocabulary on your BlackBerry device to pass the ...
- Control specific PC functions remotely with your PocketPC.
- Synchronize your Windows Mobile device over Bluetooth.
- Play bowling on your Pocket PC.
- Place Texas Hold'em on your BlackBerry.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Remote Control for PC 1.0
- Doesn't require installing other stuff on phone (like Python)
- Emulates keys, not proprietary media player commands, so you can always control SOMETHING no matter what program you're in
- Quick setup
- Places very small load on memory (both on Phone and on PC)
- Windows only
- Unattractive graphics (but you can hack that)
The actual reason I wrote this review is because I want to share a lifesaving trick with the world:Forgot: To hack the graphics look up a Symbian S60 UI pack (Photoshop or Illustrator file), find SISContents and MBMWizard for Windows.
Buy a pack of UHU Patafix glue pads - they're like putty and are great for temporarily sticking up posters on walls. Very easy to remove, it adheres to itself a lot more that it does to anything else.
Pull out your Nokia Symbian phone with a touchscreen and start up the Remote Control for PC app
Place two small clumps of Patafix on the touchscreen, where Next and Previous buttons are.
You can now press Next and Previous blindly, by feeling up the buttons like a normal remote. Works real smooth too, a light tap and it advances your Keynote. No more looking at the screen every time and hitting the wrong buttons.
P.S. In the future ... Tactus Technology
Updated on Jan 16, 2013
Open up the Remote Control for PC .sis file with SISContents, look for graphics.mbm, extract it.
Open graphics.mbm with MBMWizard and you'll see the buttons in all their states there, as .BMP files. (Watch out there are 2 graphics.mbm, difference is one is higher resolution and the other is low res)
Extract the .BMP files which make up the UI of this great app, and modify each BMP with your own buttons (preferably something tasteful like the original Symbian look!)
Import back to MBMWizard, save your replacement graphics.mbm, then import that back into SIScontents and save the .sis file again: Remote Control for PC NEW LOOK.sis
"very good application"
Version: Remote Control for PC 1.0
so far it is the best remote control mobile apps for Nokia devices i found
it works only for Windows PC, not for linux.
its user friendly and very useful tool if you need to make PowerPoint presentations or maybe if you use your PC in combination with projector to watch the movies, youtube videoclips or listen the music from PC.