From Evarest Schoofs:
ProcAlert is kind of a firewall. However, unlike other "normal" firewalls, ProcAlert is one which will secure the computer from the inside out.
Whenever a new program is started (whether it'd been started by you or by itself), ProcAlert will alert you and ask you whether you want the program to keep running or not.
This way you can easily terminate any malicious virusses, trojan horses or any other malware!
An easy-to-use interface will make it possible to manage which programs can start and which not. Along with this, ProcAlert will hand you all information about the programs that are running on your computer.
ProcAlert also contains a very powerful feature: you can totally lockdown your computer, what basically means that NO program can be opened anymore, until you turn off the lockdown. This way, you can prevent virusses from starting when you're away, or unauthorized access to your computer.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Protect your PC from all kinds of virus threats.
- Check your system for viruses with a lightweight antivirus on a...
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Password protect your photos, movies, documents, or any other f...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect against any threats via USB drive and protect offline c...
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
- Lock computer to prevent unwanted access with Virtual Screen to...
- Teach your child alphabets, numbers, and spelling.
- Lock computer to prevent unwanted access, keep people off your ...
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Wake PC from sleep mode or hibernation to save energy.
- Lock programs and Web sites, and encrypt files and folders on-t...
- Protect your privacy covering up your Internet tracks.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Restrict the amount of time that a child or anyone uses their c...
- Chat with others in your network.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: