CNET Editors' reviewThis sports-trivia program basically helps facilitate a drinking game. When you launch Power Hour VX American Sports Trivia, you ll need to specify the length of your game and whether you want to answer basketball, football, baseball, or randomly selected questions. The game will then ask a question and start a 60-second timer. According to the help files, all players write down their guess, then wait for the correct answer to appear onscreen. Anyone who got the question wrong has to chug some beer. The interface lacks sound, but the cartoon of a referee holding a mug of booze at least adds some flair. However, Power Hour VX American Sports Trivia could be improved by a few game variations, including one that lets you play against the computer. We also find the 45-minute trial quite parsimonious. Sports fans may find this application worth a test run, but you easily can simulate this type of drinking game without it.
From Power Hour:
Power Hour now offers this American Sports Edition, filled with more than 1,500 questions covering the three most popular sports in the United States. There are more than 500 questions per category. You can choose among football, baseball, and basketball. Each sport focuses on main categories and also includes some difficult trivia on all time records. Expect to see questions regarding the following: stadium arena and ballpark names, famous nicknames of players, who's who? (we'll give you a team name, retired number, and you guess the player) sports records, and tons of other questions covering rules of the game, and dimensions of the field or court. The game has timers, a random sports trivia button, and the answers appear after 10 seconds before it's time to drink. It's perfect for a pre-party before the big game. Consider it virtual tailgating. It contains more than 1,500 questions.
Version 1.0 features updated trivia and improved performance.
What's new in this version: Version 1.0 features updated trivia and improved performance.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Hit the dirt hard with this off-road racing sim.
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Puzzle game of organization & logic.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Play a racing game but avoid getting warnings for driving too f...
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Take beer shots every minute for specific amount of time.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: