CNET Editors' review
PicShrink is a handy little image compression utility that does more than just resize digital pictures. It also has basic image-editing features, such as cropping, borders, and the ability to adjust contrast, brightness, and intensity. You can resample images and convert file formats, too. It even makes it easy to add digital watermarks to protect your images from unauthorized use.
Opening the fully functional trial version is a little balky because it cleverly appears as if your only options are to order or register the full version, but clicking anywhere on the startup screen opens the interface. The interface itself is cleanly and logically laid out, and the controls are well labeled and easy to use. The large central preview pane features two tabs, one labeled Container that displays all selected files as thumbnails, and another labeled 2 Windows Up that previews altered images before the chosen operations are performed. A second, resizable preview pane displays the original image. A Profile feature saves your settings so you can apply them to new images.
There are a lot of image editors out there, and many new PCs come bundled with some pretty hefty packages. The great advantage of a compact utility like PicShrink is its simplicity: it can take longer to figure out how to use some big-time image editors than it does to actually do the job with PicShrink. They may do more, but chances are good that PicShrink has everything you need most right where you need it. You have 30 days to try this well-behaved download. We recommend it for all user levels.
PicShrink is an image compressor to edit, convert and compress digital images. Easily optimize many image formats such as jpg, gif, png, bmp using a powerful image compression engine, shrink the large file size of your photo files, optimize pictures for faster uploading to the Web, e-mail smaller image files quickly and not exceeding email size limitations. PicShrink can be started directly from Windows Explorer to optimize image folders without opening the program. More features: Add Watermarks and adjust contrast, lightning and intensity. PicShrink free trial version can be tested for 30 days without any limitations.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Compress your photos without zipping and upload them 25x faster...
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Resize multiple images with a single click.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Resize, rename, and add watermarks to your digital photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Add watermark and compress your image into smaller size.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Compress images by converting them to space-saving formats.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Resize and share photos on your desktop.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Protect the copyright of your digital images with customized wa...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Add a text, copyright information, and text watermark to your i...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Reduce file size of your PDF documents.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Add the copyright sign, text, watermarks, and dates to photos o...
All versions:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"could be a little more user friendly"
Version: PicShrink 2.2
it is very simple and does a good job
does not tell a new be what the next step needs to be done
Version: PicShrink 1.3
None that I encountered
Crashed when I drag&dropped a batch of 100 files
Thanks but no thanks. Fix your software's bugs before you try and sell it.