CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
This sophisticated little program packs a lot into a little. That is, a lot of standard photo editing tools and filters into a small iPhone screen. Despite the fact that the iPhone yields one of the largest mobile screens around, it's still tiny by desktop, even laptop, standards. Yet despite the handicap, Photogene arranges its tools in a standard layout, with cropping, rotation, color adjustment, filtering, and annotating tools represented by icons on the left side of the screen. Further menu tools, like sliders and color pickers, materialize below the image to allow for fine-tuning.
Restricted to mobile phone editing, Photogene doesn't offer all the features or control as a desktop editor. It does let you zoom in, but many filters, effects, and blemish removers--like red-eye reduction--are missing. However, the preview option, fairly complete granular controls, and decent post-production options make it a fast, effective choice for most viewers to touch up their iPhone photos from the device itself.
From Omer Shoor:
Photogene, a photo-editing app for iPhone, includes these tools: Crop (fixed aspect ratios are optional,)Sharpen, Histogram, manually or automatically correct color distribution, Gama correction (midtones), Saturation, Hues, Color temperature, Straighten, Rotate and mirror, Special effects, Frames, Text bubbles, Multiple Undo-Redo and reset buttons.The app allows you to zoom in and out and move the picture around, without damaging the editing work. Landscape editing is supported.
What's new in this version: Version 2.1 supports resizing, e-mailing photos directly from Photogene, copying edited photos to the clipboard, and iPhone 3GS full camera resolution (up to 2048x1536)
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Recover lost photos from hard drives, USB drives, memory cards,...
- Recover lost photos, documents, audio and video files.
- Retrieve images from corrupted or formatted memory cards.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Turn your photos and other still images to vivid slideshow with...
- Convert digital photos into slideshows, DVD movies, digital col...
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Robust options and easy to use"
Version: Photogene for iPhone 2.1
Well priced for the feature set. Very easy to use; simple interface. Includes both "automatic" and "reset" features within each edit category (automatic adjustments as well as reset to original).
I can't really think of any. It does what it does and does it well.
A well-developed app for the more basic of image editing purposes. Adjustments to RGB, exposure, saturation, contrast & levels are straightforward. Cropping is a breeze. It does include just a few effects, but if you're looking for a good editing app I recommend this one. If you also need or want lots of effects, filters, etc., you should look elsewhere.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content