CNET Editors' review
Due to its pleasant interface and strong feature set, this image-editing app mostly hits the mark. The main window is both attractive and easy to navigate, with clearly labeled buttons for editing functions to the right of the Preview pane.
However, we were somewhat surprised and disgruntled to learn you can't resize the window to a full-screen view, crucial if you need to examine photos in more detail. In terms of features, you'll find options for tweaking saturation, contrast, brightness, hue, and quality, though we were surprised by the absence of a red-eye-removal tool. If you don't want to bother manually adjusting your photo, you'll appreciate the Smart Photo Correction Feature, which automatically optimizes your photos.
PhotoRemedy doesn't take a toll on your system when running, although this trial version places several watermarks on output files. Since PhotoRemedy gives you options for manually or automatically tweaking files, we think it will suit both beginners as well as more experienced shutterbugs.
From Pollen Software:
PhotoRemedy Phone is digital photo correction software that uses intelligent correction algorithms and smart learning to make balancing your photos easy. It includes features to fix common problems that can occur in photos taken with mobile phones or other devices. The program automatically analyzes your digital photo and presents you with a correction for over exposure, under exposure, problems with brightness, saturation, contrast, white balance, hue, focus, noise reduction, dead pixel correction and rotation. It is designed to make getting the perfect results from your photos fast, easy and fuss-free. To manually edit a photo, you can also use the tools provided. The photo editor also learns from the changes you make and quickly increases its correction accuracy to suit what you are looking for.
As digital cameras/phones can often take photographs with a color tint, PhotoRemedy can even learn to correct photos in relation to a specific digital camera and mode. Version 2 may include PhotoRemedy's features, smart correction and appearance have been completely upgraded. Tools to adjust focus, dead pixels and noise reduction have been added. It now includes features to fix common problems that occur in photos taken with mobile phones.
More Products to Consider
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Create compound documents and host documents using various appl...
- Design, paint, enlarge, repair, and print your photos.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Grab and manage pictures from the Internet.
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Enhance your digital pictures with cool effects.
- Make amazing color designs with elevated aesthetical and harmon...
- Manage and edit your images, and create albums.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Explore new creative options to produce high-quality images.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Add frames, borders and filter effects to your digital photos.
- Create and edit vector, 2D, 3D, and bitmap images.