CNET Editors' review
Photo Pos Lite provides many of the same tools for photo editing and retouching that other programs do. However, this program nudges slightly ahead of similar competition with its layout.
We found this program's interface to be its strongest suit. Not that its other elements were flat, but its command icons, display of the image, and control of editing tools felt as if they came from a high-dollar professional program. We were impressed from the start. The rest of the program was fairly standard and was reliable for manipulating shots. We were able to apply filters and adjust the color and tone of our images, as well as insert shapes, words, and paintbrush strokes. These functions worked fine but didn't differentiate Photo Pos Lite from other editing programs. Where it shined was in little interface touches that were sprinkled throughout the software, like Before and After screens that appear when moving the Tint slide bar. We'd never experienced such thoughtful design in other editors. The program offered some other helpful features, such as a resizing option and a professional quality histogram, but, again, these features didn't do more than impersonate other programs. While Photo Pos Lite isn't a flashy program, its little touches give it a small but clear advantage over other photo editors.
Photo Pos Lite comes with a 30-day trial limit. It installs desktop icons without permission and leaves folders after uninstall. While its functions are standard, the little touches in the interface make this a program worth recommending.
Photo Pos Lite is a free lite edition of the professional photo editor Photo Pos Pro. Photo Pos Lite contains many of Photo Pos Pro's tools and features. Despite Photo Pos Lite contains only a part of Photo Pos Pro features it is still a powerful image and computer graphics editor. Using the Lite version you can edit, enhance and manipulate your pictures easily. You can edit and optimize your pictures, print it, resize it, convert it to another format and much more. The editor also includes some great drawing and painting tools for creating computer graphics. The Lite version offers many tools and functions which include among other things Support of many picture file types (include GIF's/PNG's with transparent background), Support of scanners and digital cameras, Various of Image enhancing and editing tools and functions, Paint Brush Tool, Shapes Tool, Clone Brush Tool, Rich Text Tools, Special Effects, Selection Tools, or Gradients.
What's new in this version: Version 1.89.2 added support for Windows 8, many great new features and a lot of great new photo editing functions and many improvements from user's wish list.
More Products to Consider
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- View, enhance, and add frames and effects to your photos.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create text effects for use in Web sites, slide shows, or prese...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Create panoramic images from series of overlapping photos with ...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Edit image files of various formats.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Retouch digital images and portraits on your Windows PC.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Very nice free editor"
Version: Photo Pos Lite 1.64
I tried few free editors, I liked this one a lot - in addition to all the common image editing functions it's include some advanced functions and painting tools. I'm very happy as it saved me the need for buying one.
I wish they will had more shapes and frames libraries. Also support for extranal plug-ins would be great.
Very good app, it can saves you a lot of money.
"MALICIOUS do not DOWNLOAD trojan per "AVG" protection."
Version: Photo Pos Lite 1.62
started off arduous, confusing and anti-intuitive so the only positive thing is that I sensed failure of the program quickly which led me to catching the infection soon.
AVG scan read: Photo pos lite\PosUninstaller.exe had a Trojan horse Backdoor.Generic10.UET