From Peterson Tuners:
Now, the only reason to sound out of tune is because you want to!
Peterson introduces StroboSoftÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â® - the world's first strobe tuner for your Mac or PC that utilizes the power of your computer to provide 0.1 cent accuracy tuning for your fretted or unfretted, stringed instruments. Tune brass and wind instruments using an external microphone or pick-up device as well. StroboSoft turns your computer into a Peterson accurate hardware tuner that you can use in the studio or on the road!
Create instrument profiles that include your instrument type, its selected tuning, as well as transpose or drop settings. Plus, with the capability to store unlimited instrument profiles, you can add new tunings and save them under your own custom names for quick recall between live sets on stage or switching recording projects in the studio. Just use your notebook's built-in mic or plug in a microphone and start tuning. Use StroboSoft to adjust more than just your tuning. Save time and money by intonating your electrics at home. Intonate your electrics quickly and easily using StroboSoft's Visual Intonation Guide. The built-in INTONATE function will visually assist you while intonating your instrument. The LED on the selected string will fill with color when you are in the proper octave; just isolate the strobe display after that and you're done!
StroboSoft will pay for itself after one set-up!
Even if you have never used a strobe tuner before, StroboSoft's large, easy to read screen makes tuning simple. Now, sound out of tune only because you want to. With 52 preset alternate tunings on-board (Deluxe only), take your tuning to the next level and get the sound you are looking for.
Use the multi-function window (under note display) to view information on the note you are tuning such as MIDI note number and frequency value. See how far you are out of tune instantly with the real-time cents display that outputs how many cents you are out with 0.1 cent resolution.
Take advantage of Peterson SweetenedÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â® Tunings with StroboSoft Deluxe. Sweetened tunings are a collection of offsets assigned to particular tunings designed to make chords sound, well...sweeter! No more flat chords or having the guitars sound "out of the mix". Peterson's GTR and BAS Sweeteners are proprietary settings based on the equal temperament scale. StroboSoft Deluxe also supports instruments with the Buzz Feiten Tuning System.
An oscilloscope is a useful instrument for testing signals because it allows you to see the signals at different points. Use the oscilloscope in StroboSoft to analyze noise and isolate it from making its way into your recordings. The spectrum analyzer in StroboSoft provides harmonic detections and visual recognition of fundamental frequencies.
StroboSoft provides everything you need to accurately tune and even set-up your guitar or bass without the need for any expensive additional sound cards. You can successfully use StroboSoft with your stock hardware by plugging your instrument into the computer's sound card input. StroboSoft's selectable sampling rate will support all sound cards up to 96kHz. Use the stereo/mono selectors to tune two instruments at once! Have an electric guitar on the "L" channel while an acoustic can be hooked into the "R" each with individual settings!
For MS Windows, StroboSoft requires Windows 2000, XP Home or XP Professional (or later). It will not work on Windows 98, 98SE or ME. For Mac OSX, Version 10.4 or above is required. However, StroboSoft Version 1.10 will run on Mac OSX Version 10.3
Mac OSX version is now a "Universal" application and will run on both Power-PC and Intel Macs. This change means OSX 10.4 or above is required. Improved multi-threading, particularly when the Scope or Spectrum windows are open; this would cause glitches in the audio input.
What's new in this version: Added new preset tunings:
- DobroÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â® Open A and Open D
- Drop D tuning for Electric Guitar
- Standard 5-string Violin
- Irish Banjo tuning
- Standard 7-string Electric Guitar
- DobroÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â® Perfect 3rds and Half-Tempered for both Open A, Open G, and
- Open D tunings
- Acoustic Guitar (ACU)
- Viola (VLA)
- Viola Da Gamba (VDG)
- 5-String Banjo (PBGS) <... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Convert text into a WAV, MP3, OGG, or WMA audio files.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Convert text into a WAV, MP3, OGG, or WMA audio files.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Edit MP3 tags, find covers, and organize your music collection.
- Tag and organize your MP3 music collection, get cover arts, lyr...
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Get a guide to help you in implementing David Allen's 'Getting ...
- Track your DVD collection and keep up-to-date.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Easy access to drives from System Tray.
- Run all your Karaoke Shows from your fully touch screen PC.
- Enter the training center, where computer-controlled bots will ...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Tune your musical instrument and compare with the original tuni...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...