From June Fabrics Technology:
PdaNet provides you with FULL Internet access so all your email, instant message programs will work without any setting changes. Supports both USB Tether and Bluetooth DUN.
PdaNet does NOT require root access or hacking your phone's firmware in order to work. It is just a regular Android application that works on all Android phones as-is. Your phone can connect to the data service, WiFi, or even through VPN and PdaNet will share the connection with your computer. It is capable of handling download speed of well above 35Mbps (35000kbps) over USB and is the fastest tethering software available for Android.
Note: if you are upgrading, please open Terminal (under Applications->Utilities) and run ~/PdaNetUninstall.sh then reboot first.
1. Download and run the installer on Mac. At the end of the installation you will be asked to reboot your Mac. After rebooting you should see the PdaNet icon on the menu bar. (figure 1)
2. During installation PdaNet will add an ethernet interface ("en2" in most cases) to your network list. If the network preferences window pops up, just selected "Apply" with the default DHCP settings. If it doesn't, please bring up network perferences manually to make sure it uses DHCP. (figure 2)
3. Now setup on the phone side. On your phone go to http://junefabrics.com/m. After it is installed, launch it and enable USB Tether.
4. On your phone go to Settings->Applications->Development and check "USB Debugging". (figure 3)
5. Now when you connect your phone to the computer, you should see the menu icon changes state, click on it to connect. When the icon stops blicking and turns blue, your computer should be online.
Network traffics on the Mac will go through PdaNet only if your system does not have other connectivities.