From June Fabrics Technology:
PdaNet provides you with FULL Internet access so all your email, instant message programs will work without any setting changes. Supports both USB Tether and Bluetooth DUN.
PdaNet does NOT require root access or hacking your phone's firmware in order to work. It is just a regular Android application that works on all Android phones as-is. Your phone can connect to the data service, WiFi, or even through VPN and PdaNet will share the connection with your computer. It is capable of handling download speed of well above 35Mbps (35000kbps) over USB and is the fastest tethering software available for Android.
Note: if you are upgrading, please open Terminal (under Applications->Utilities) and run ~/PdaNetUninstall.sh then reboot first.
1. Download and run the installer on Mac. At the end of the installation you will be asked to reboot your Mac. After rebooting you should see the PdaNet icon on the menu bar. (figure 1)
2. During installation PdaNet will add an ethernet interface ("en2" in most cases) to your network list. If the network preferences window pops up, just selected "Apply" with the default DHCP settings. If it doesn't, please bring up network perferences manually to make sure it uses DHCP. (figure 2)
3. Now setup on the phone side. On your phone go to http://junefabrics.com/m. After it is installed, launch it and enable USB Tether.
4. On your phone go to Settings->Applications->Development and check "USB Debugging". (figure 3)
5. Now when you connect your phone to the computer, you should see the menu icon changes state, click on it to connect. When the icon stops blicking and turns blue, your computer should be online.
Network traffics on the Mac will go through PdaNet only if your system does not have other connectivities.
More Products to Consider
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Remote control to manage Macs.
- Send keyboard and mouse events to a remote machine and see the ...
- Network administration and security testing utility.
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Auto connect to Wi-Fi hotspots which need username & password.
- Widget that displays system resource usage.
- Client connects Mac with IBM AS/400 servers.
- Toggles the web proxy ON/OFF for AirPort & Ethernet.
- Spelling drills using recordings and TTS.
- Open source driver for discontinued Wacom serial tablets.
- Access your Macs remotely.
- Fix a problem on some Macs that caused freezes when launching n...
- FTP, Bonjour & Bluetooth file transfer widget.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"works great! faster than my home wifi!"
Version: PdaNet for Android 2.42
Easy to install, if I can do it you can do it!
wireless would be nice however the mobile hotspot for thunderbolt has turned out to be unreliable, so this is a great alternative