CNET Editors' reviewWikipedia is well known by most Internet users as a destination for information on just about anything. The only problem with all that info is it becomes increasingly difficult to focus on one thing with so many ways to seek out new tangential info. Pathways offers a graphical network method for mapping your progress through Wikipedia so interesting posts are always within reach. We really like the multi-paned Cocoa interface which shows a map of researched topics making it easy to find stories we don't have time to read at the moment. If you're a Wikipedia browser, check out this free program to really take advantage of all the information Wikipedia offers.
From Dennis Lorson:
A semantic browser that tracks your steps through MediaWiki sites. It represents visited pages by nodes, which are interconnected to form the trail that you've made. As you hop from page to page, Pathway constructs a web, which enables you to keep a clear overview of your wiki explorations.
What's new in this version: Added
- A preference to set a default font size in the browser view
- Primitive caching support, not guaranteed to recover a visited page when offline. Real per-page harvesting of articles is a scheduled feature (I know many of you could really use this).
- Clicking links in the browser now correctly adds a new page to the collection. (Safari 3 workaround)
- Search results now correctly load when Safari 3 is installed.
More Products to Consider
- Surf the Web, block pop-ups, and keep spyware at bay with a lea...
- Explore the web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Connect with friends, preview search results, and get website u...
- Download a new, fast browser.
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Browse the web comfortably.
- View Flash content in your Web browser.
- Browser plugin to view rich multimedia web content.
- Beta channel of Google's web browser.
- Check out the latest beta of the next Firefox update.
- Web browser.
- Access Facebook without a web browser.
- Web browser with Mozilla's rendering engine.
- Rich media content plugin for the web.
- Block ad elements in Safari.
- Web browser geared towards web developers.
- Serve files and URLs to Apple TV.
- View dynamic high-quality Web graphics in the new SVG file form...
- Browse the web, work with mail, chat in IRC and edit HTML.
- Fast, small graphical Web browser.
- Finder menu sharing for Frontier, also helpful for other apps.
- FileMaker Pro based e-mail client, doesn't require plug-ins.
- Site-specific web browser with support for the specific functio...
- Search the web items and products, price drops, in stock, daily...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great alternative Browser"
Version: Pathway 1.0.6
Very stable and easy to use. Can't beat the price. Basically it's a suped up history trail in graphical form. Pretty clever and useful for visual folks.
Better suited to larger monitors. Since the spider-web-history diagram takes up a chunk of space, and the wiki page you're reading needs a large chunk of space, a smaller monitor means compromising somewhere. Have only use it for a few days, so can't be sure of everything.... but one thing I wish it could do is integrate with standard browsers.