OsiriX is an image processing software dedicated to DICOM images produced by medical equipment (MRI, CT, PET, PET-CT, ...) and confocal microscopy (LSM and BioRAD-PIC format). It can also read many other file formats: TIFF (8,16, 32 bits), JPEG, PDF, AVI, MPEG and Quicktime. It is fully compliant with the DICOM standard for image comunication and image file formats. OsiriX is able to receive images transferred by DICOM communication protocol from any PACS or medical imaging modality (STORE SCP - Service Class Provider, STORE SCU - Service Class User, and Query/Retrieve) .
OsiriX has been specifically designed for navigation and visualization of multimodality and multidimensional images: 2D Viewer, 3D Viewer, 4D Viewer (3D series with temporal dimension, for example: Cardiac-CT) and 5D Viewer (3D series with temporal and functional dimensions, for example: Cardiac-PET-CT). The 3D Viewer offers all modern rendering modes: Multiplanar reconstruction (MPR), Surface Rendering, Volume Rendering and Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP). All these modes support 4D data and are able to produce image fusion between two different series (for example: PET-CT).
Osirix is at the same time a DICOM PACS workstation for medical imaging and an image processing software for medical research (radiology and nuclear imaging), functional imaging, 3D imaging, confocal microscopy and molecular imaging.
Osirix supports a complete plug-ins architecture that allows you to expand the capabilities of OsiriX for your personal needs! This plug-in architecture gives you access to the powerfull Cocoa framework with an easy object-oriented and dynamic language: Objective-C.
What's new in this version:
- 3D Curved MPR viewer
- JPEG2000 supported in DCMTK
- Kakadu SDK for JPEG2000 : Up to 6 times faster than OpenJPEG
- Many multi-threading optimizations, for better GUI interactions
- OpenJPEG library updated to 1.4
- Flash support, instead of Quicktime, for the built-in Web Server
- Track Pad support : magnification, rotation, swipe
- DCMTK SDK support for anonymization (better quality compared to DCM Framework)
- DCMTK SDK support f... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Install iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad drivers without installing...
- Transfer files from iPod, iPhone, and iPad to iTunes and comput...
- Transfer music, videos from PC to iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Place connected iOS device into recovery mode with this utility...
- Transfer iPhone song, video, photo, app, PDF, voicemail, and co...
- Backup your iDevice SHSH.
- Copy music, videos, photos and more from iPod, iPad, iPhone to ...
- Transfer music, videos, photos, messages, and other media from ...
- Clean up iTunes library, delete duplicates, missing, and orphan...
- Transfer iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch music movies and apps.
- Extract files from any iTunes iOS backup (including encrypted) ...
- A program that allows users to jailbreak their iPod touch, iPho...
- Transfer files between your computer and iPhone, iPod Touch, or...
- Jailbreak your iOS device running iOS 6.0-6.1.
- Manage iPhone contacts, calendars, and notes from your PC.
- Recover data from iPhone/iPad/iPod devices or iTunes backup fil...
- Transfer iPod music, movies, camera roll, picture, voice memos,...
- Transfer files between iPod and PC, IOS devices, backup iPhone ...
- Transfer files between iPad and PC and support any iOS 7 device...
- Manage your iOS device data, applications, music, video, and im...
- Manage apps, photos, music, videos, e-books between iPod/iPhone...
- Transfer files for iPhone, iPad and iPod and convert DVD/video/...
- Transfer files for any version of iPhone/iPad/ iPod and directl...
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 14 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Program for viewing x-rays in OS X without Windows."
Version: OsiriX 3.9.2
No need to switch to Boot camp or an emulation program to run Windows to view x-rays or scans. This takes the hassle out of viewing films from a Mac
May not be as fast as running it in Windows
Excellent program for viewing films without the inconvenience going to a Windows format.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content