OsiriX is an image processing software dedicated to DICOM images produced by medical equipment (MRI, CT, PET, PET-CT, ...) and confocal microscopy (LSM and BioRAD-PIC format). It can also read many other file formats: TIFF (8,16, 32 bits), JPEG, PDF, AVI, MPEG and Quicktime. It is fully compliant with the DICOM standard for image comunication and image file formats. OsiriX is able to receive images transferred by DICOM communication protocol from any PACS or medical imaging modality (STORE SCP - Service Class Provider, STORE SCU - Service Class User, and Query/Retrieve) .
OsiriX has been specifically designed for navigation and visualization of multimodality and multidimensional images: 2D Viewer, 3D Viewer, 4D Viewer (3D series with temporal dimension, for example: Cardiac-CT) and 5D Viewer (3D series with temporal and functional dimensions, for example: Cardiac-PET-CT). The 3D Viewer offers all modern rendering modes: Multiplanar reconstruction (MPR), Surface Rendering, Volume Rendering and Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP). All these modes support 4D data and are able to produce image fusion between two different series (for example: PET-CT).
Osirix is at the same time a DICOM PACS workstation for medical imaging and an image processing software for medical research (radiology and nuclear imaging), functional imaging, 3D imaging, confocal microscopy and molecular imaging.
Osirix supports a complete plug-ins architecture that allows you to expand the capabilities of OsiriX for your personal needs! This plug-in architecture gives you access to the powerfull Cocoa framework with an easy object-oriented and dynamic language: Objective-C.
What's new in this version:
- Certified for Snow Leopard compatibility (MacOS 10.6)
- New 'AutoCropping Algorithm' technology in 3D VR/MIP -> Between 20% to 100% faster rendering speed
- minIP for 3D MPR
- C-GET SCU/SCP (Dynamic IP address DICOM transfers)
- Settings for compression per modality
- JP2000 compression support, with quality level option
- Support for OpenJPEG JPEG2000 encoding
- OpenJPEG is 2.2x times faster : OpenJPEG is now faster than JasperLib
More Products to Consider
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Install iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad drivers without installing ...
- Transfer music, videos from PC to iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Place connected iOS device into recovery mode with this utility...
- Convert popular video and audio formats to iPod video and MP3.
- Transfer music, photos, files from iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...
- Transfer files from iPod, iPhone, and iPad to iTunes, and compu...
- Backup your iDevice SHSH.
- Transfer iPhone song, video, photo, app, PDF, voicemail, and co...
- Copy music, videos, photos and more from iPod, iPad, iPhone to ...
- Transfer music, videos, photos and other media from your iPod, ...
- Manage iPhone contacts, calendars and notes from your PC: backu...
- A program that allows users to jailbreak their iPod touch, iPho...
- Clean up iTunes library, delete duplicates, missing, and orphan...
- Extract files from any iTunes iOS backup (inc. encrypted) for a...
- Transfer files between your computer and iPhone, iPod Touch, or...
- Manage and transfer apps, photos, music, videos, e-books betwee...
- Convert videos of all popular formats to PSP, PS3, Apple TV, Xb...
- Play your iTunes library without opening iTunes.
- Recover contacts, photos and messages from iTunes backup.
- Recover contacts, photos, and messages from iTunes backup.
- Transfer iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch music movies and apps.
- Jailbreak your iOS device running iOS 6.0-6.1.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.
- Convert and import any video/audio like AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, WMV...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Well designed and very capable"
Version: OsiriX 3.6.1
Lots of features, more than I could use. Useful to medical professionals and non-medical people.
The more complicated features aren't intuitive to the untrained person but appear to be easily accessible to professionals in the field.
The software is simple enough to be used by non-medical people, such as myself, but robust enough to allow professionals to perform comparisons and view in multiple perspectives.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content