This software remotely controls most functions of Nikon digital SLRs from a computer that is connected via USB cable or though wired or wireless LAN using a wireless transmitter. Advanced functions of the new D3 and D300 such as the Viewer for preview and selection o images prior to transferto a computer, LiveView function and PictureControl System are supported. It also supports the workflow of Nikon's exclusive photofinishing software Capture NX (optional) and the browser and viewer software View NX.
- Most settings of Nikon digital SLRs, that are connected via USB cable, such as exposure mode, shutter speed, and aperture can be controlled remotely from a computer, Wired or wireless LAN is also available when using a wireless transmitter.
- In addition to direct transfer of images from a camera to computer, all procedures from shooting to saving images are smoothly processed.
- Enhanced viewer function enables thumbnail display of images stored in a computer.
- Support for ViewNX browser and viewer software.
- Support for Capture NX photo-finishing software.
What's new in this version:
- Support for the D5100 has been added. However, the Custom Settings dialog, available from the Camera menu, cannot be used.
- Support for the following D5100 features has been added.
- Shooting using the High Dynamic Range (HDR) feature
- Shooting in Special Effects mode. (However, still images cannot be captured and movies cannot be recorded in Special Effects mode when live view mode is enabled.)
- Support for Mac OS X version 10.6.6... See all new features »