CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
Having access to a potentially infinite cache of media files at your fingertips is a nice thought. However, you need a stable app that can deliver those files quickly and efficiently to your Android device, and that is exactly what the Netflix app is designed to do.
Placed on a throne as the world's leading Internet subscription service for streaming movies and TV shows, Netflix went an extra mile and created its mini version for Android devices. The interface of the Netflix app is more or less straightforward; there's a shows option, a search bar, and some account-based options like personal playlists. It's a slightly simplified version of the interface that you would usually have if you were using Netflix on your TV. If you need to search, there's the search bar. If you need some of the more popular shows, the option is right in front of the app screen, and if you have your own video playlist, you can also import it from your account. Probably the most convenient feature that we found on this app was that since your user settings are saved on the cloud, when you watch a video on another machine or TV you can resume watching exactly from where you left off at the previous device.
Offering most of the same features and quality of service as its predecessor, the Netflix app brings convenience to anyone on the go. Its cloud-based capabilities are its strongest point, which augments the already great video streaming features that it has to offer.
What's new in this version: Support for Android 3.x devices.Available in the USA, Canada and Latin America.Supports alternate audio and subtitles.Fix incompatibility with CyanogenMod 7 ROM devices.Minor bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Find and play Internet video.
- Watch DStv Mobile's or GOtv Mobile's DVB-H mobile television br...
- Play and record MIDI files with a piano simulation.
- Convert RM to MP3, MPEG to MP3, and other video to audio format...
- Analyze you and your partner inherent characteristics to judge ...
- Learn how to play and practice playing on fretted instruments.
- Use your photo images to show you what makeup and hair style an...
- Get professional statistics reporting for your cricket club, te...
- Manage leagues of various kinds of sports.
- Create and check your personal lottery number selections.
- Watch real strippers stripping directly on your computer taskba...
- Improve your music skills by playing songs while staying in tun...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Netflix is great but lacking content in Canada."
Version: Netflix 1.5.2 build 389
-House of Cards (Kevin Spacey)
Lack of content overall.
Overall Netflix is great but it is lacking in content for those (like me) who live in Canada. American Netflix literally has 12,000 more shows & movies than Canadian.
Fortunately you can get American Netflix in Canada, after you do that it's well worth it.
Here's my personal guide to getting US Netflix in Canada:
Version: Netflix 1.5.2 build 389
This worked when my friend logged into her account on my Android
Can't get Queue, Genre, Search, Home to come up when I log into Netlfix on my phone
A friend of mine logged into her account on my Android and it worked fine. I logged into mine and I couldn't get the main page which hold the following tabs: Home, Genres, Search, and Queue to come up. I get a main screen with a bunch of movies and my queue movies listed. It won't let me search in the right hand corner, I can't access any settings. I've tried the update and nothing is working. Can anyone help me? I'll rate a five as soon as this is fixed. Thanks, Debbie
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content