From Rayner Software:
NetShade is an Internet security tool which conceals your IP address on the web. NetShade will route your web connection through either a public anonymous proxy server, or NetShade's own dedicated anonymous proxy. (The latter option is available only to registered users.) This has the effect of masking your IP address as you browse the web. Anonymous proxies are becoming very popular in this age of heightened security and privacy concerns, and NetShade provides a very effective and straightforward interface for this.
What's new in this version:
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 45 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Don't take the protection for granted. Verify."
Version: NetShade 4.3
It's a needed product. It has several proxy addresses all over the Western world. It works if you work with it by always verifying your proxy connection and switching browsers if necessary.
Seems pretty inconsistent in providing the proxy connection, although its graphic shows you are connected. Check your IP address every time you activate Netshade. I switch between browsers because it works on one but not the other at times.
Not at all seamless. Can be frustrating. You've got to make sure you are getting a proxy connection by testing. Switch your browser if it isn't working on one. Do not take the protection for granted. Make sure you are connected via a proxy. Reviews on sites by the "professionals" have been too positive. It works if you make sure it works.
"Does not Work"
Version: NetShade 4.3
There is no pro's.
The free trial does not work, it automatically says the trial period is over and asks you to buy it.
If a company is going to offer a free trial it should actually allow you to try it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content