CNET Editors' review
Nero Kwik Media is a light and free media manager with which you can organize, edit, and share your music, photos, videos, and data. Imagine iTunes and iPhoto rolled into one, then trimmed in half. While this download is technically "free," there is one caveat: you'll have to purchase some of its functionality in the form of "apps" listed in Nero's built-in store. Sure, most of these add-ons aren't too expensive, but it's a shame that a few of them (like Nero Kwik Play, a video decoder) don't come with the download. That said, if you're mainly looking for a single hub through which to access all your media, along with maybe a few basic editing and creative tools, Nero Kwik Media is a great option.
Kwik Media's user interface is simple and, for the most part, intuitive. Anyone already familiar with Nero products may notice that Kwik Media has maintained a similar work flow and many of the same graphical interface elements as the company's premium product, Nero Multimedia Suite--very convenient.
When you launch the program, Kwik Media presents you with a menu of options in four distinct categories: Media Library, where you organize and import files; Enjoy your Media, for playing and listening; Burn & Copy, for just that; and Be Creative, where you can make slide shows or playlists or publish to the Web. It's all very straightforward, and adding files is easy using the Import tool or by dragging and dropping into the interface. In fact, performing any staple multimedia functions--editing photos, creating slide shows, burning to data disc--should be a breeze for even the greenest users.
As far as features go, again, Nero Kwik Media is equipped with only a few basic multimedia editing and creative tools. The slideshow creator is light, enabling you to customize duration, text titles, theme, and music. The built-in photo editor, on the other hand, is surprisingly capable, with tools for adjusting exposure, color, brightness, saturation--there's even red-eye removal. The program doesn't include much else unless you delve into the still-somewhat-limited Nero app store for tools for burning video DVDs, playing Blu-rays, and transferring data to and from mobile devices, among other things. Nero Kwik Play ($4.99), which supports playback of a bevy of video formats, is essential and should have been an integrated stock feature. Same goes for the $4.99 video-burning app, Nero Kwik DVD. Also, Move It ($4.99), which transfers and transcodes media files between PC and iOS or Android devices, sounds like a worthwhile purchase, though we were unable to test it at the time of this review.
Overall, Nero Kwik Media is a great download for entry-level users in need of a free media manager with a few basic onboard tools for playback, photo editing, slideshows, and sharing on the Web. If you're looking for more than that, then be prepared to pony up the moolah at the Nero store to gain the functionality you seek.
Nero Kwik Media is a free application that takes the frustration out of finding photos and videos on your PC, mobile devices and external hard drives. It automatically finds the content on your PC and devices that are connected to it and then catalogs everything into a smart media library so you can easily:
Sync photos, music playlists and videos between your PCs, smart phones and tablet devices. Play any video and listen to your music. Touch up your photos without ruining the files. Create visually stunning slide shows with your photos and video clips. Create and order beautiful, professionally printed photo books, calendars and greeting cards.
What's new in this version:
- New in this version:
- â?¢ Improved usability to get you started even faster
- â?¢ Better performance to manage and browse through your photos, videos and music instantly
- â?¢ Automatic timeline of photos and videos based on the dates they were taken
- â?¢ Face tags to find photos by who is in them
- â?¢ Automatic keyword tags derived from your existing folder structures and the metadata within each photo and video file
- â?¢ Customizable key... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Process images in batch mode at the click of a button by using ...
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit animated GIF images quickly and easily.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Convert your image files and view it in text mode.
- Protect your photos with visible watermarks, convert, rename, d...
- Capture screenshots of your desktop screen.
- Improve your digital images with high quality and efficient RAW...
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 30 votes
Current version:1.3 stars
out of 3 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
Version: Nero Kwik Media 11.2.00900
Good enough as audio player, but crap to play video files. It uses 50-60 % of CPU (including NTkernel.dll). It can play commercials Blu-ray disks and addon is very cheap to buy, but whats the point ?! If you use k-lite codec pack and media player classic (which comes with k-lite) you will be able to play any audio / video file, DVD disks, Blu-ray disks and it is FREE lmao!. Alternative variant is to get Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 ultra, though it is shareware ...
I can't believe i did pre-order ... >.<
Kwik media - bloated software, pointless to download and (or) buy.
I give 1.5 star, and it is already too much, i think.
The same about Nero 11 MMS. Bloated and pointless to download.
"I just wanted to burn a DVD, but..."
Version: Nero Kwik Media 11.2.00900
Didn't get to burning a DVD, so found none.
It wants to install two toolbars, it asks for a ton of addons for Windows, it installs long, and when it's done, it asks for more components to download to just burn one CD.
"Big, bulky bloatware with limited features."
Version: Nero Kwik Media 11.2.00900
Compared to other free burning software, this product is a dismissal.
Why all of the fake reviews on here Nero?
The product is very large and bulky for a burning software.
Interface is full of ads, you have to buy additional components to have a good burning software. I recommend using CDBurnerXP, BurnAware Free, ImgBurn, FinalBurner FREE, InfraRecorder or StarBurn Free over this product. Not to mention you can get free unlimited versions of Ashampoo Burning Studio just Google for " Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced".
I was very disappointed with Nero Kwik Media. Limited features and bloatware is the first thing that comes to mind besides the ads in the interface for paid components. I don't understand why Nero can't release a light burning software without all of the bloat like other competitors already mentioned in the Cons. There is no doubt Nero has the best burning engine but with all of the bloat and limited features makes most users look for alternatives. Nero keeps getting more bloated with each new release. Nero needs to listen to its users and quit adding unnecessary features that most users will never need or want to use.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content