CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the iTunes App Store, where you must continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed in order to open the link, and you must have an active iTunes account to download the application. This download may not be available in some countries.
From Stefan van den Oord:
Musician's Metronome is a high precision, advanced, yet easy to use metronome. In its simplest form, it plays rhythms just like any other metronome. You can, however, also play complex rhythms very easily. It gets even better when your music has many different time signatures. The user interface of this metronome is designed in such a way, that you can enter such music very rapidly: after setting up the preset buttons, a single tap will add a new measure with the desired time signature.To rehearse a specific part of your music, you can select it. When you hit the play button, only the selected measures will be played. If you have enabled auto-repeat in the settings, the part will play over and over again, so that you can thoroughly train it.You can set up the time signature preset buttons for every song. Using the two wheels, you can choose the number of beats in the measure, and the beat duration. Using the buttons at the bottom of the screen, you can indicate the accents in the measure. The numbers on the buttons indicate how the measure should be counted.You can have many songs in your library. You can edit the song details, add new songs, delete songs. You can even share songs with fellow musicians: by clicking the action button, you can send the selected song by e-mail.When you receive a song by e-mail, just click the attachment to open it, and import it. It will be added to your library so that you can use it in any way you like.Using the settings window, you can configure how many measures must be counted of before the actual playing starts. Also, you can configure the metronome sounds, whether playing should auto-repeat, and how much detail you want to see in the measures.Use the built-in help function to learn how everything works.
What's new in this version: Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the measures of imported songs to be in an incorrect order.
More Products to Consider
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- Get professional statistics reporting for your cricket club, te...
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Manage leagues of various kinds of sports.
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Create and check your personal lottery number selections.
- Improve your music skills by playing songs while staying in tun...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- Make your Fantasy Football draft feel like a simulated NFL draf...
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Provide multiple multimedia solutions bundled in one mainframe.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Schedule your sports league games.
- Find and play Internet video.
- Organize any kind of social or company golf tournament from reg...
- Get a daily horoscope advice.
- Watch DStv Mobile's or GOtv Mobile's DVB-H mobile television br...
- Learn the bases of music theory.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"THE most useful metronome for a classical musician"
Version: Musician's Metronome 1.0.1
Ease of use
Real Music interface!
Speed of setup- very intuitive
Easy to create obscure beat and accent patterns
Ability to save passages (or whole movements) and even share them
Ability to loop difficult spots for intense practice
Easy to add, delete, change bars and beat patterns
Easy to customize beat pitches and intensities
No Tap feature
No ability to accelerate or slow down within a passage
This is the best metronome out there by far for musicians working on contemporary pieces with a lot of mixed meter. It is super-easy to use, and instantly understandable by anyone who truly reads music. It is buried deep into the App store, and I don't think many will find it unless they read reviews like this one. I make all my advanced students buy it, and use it myself- a lot (I play in a symphony orchestra). The "cons" listed are also listed on the developers' site as things he is going to add, and I can't wait. This is one of the most valuable apps any serious musician or conservatory student can own, along with a recorder and tuner.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content