MotionX-GPS Drive turns any iPhone 3G or 3GS into the next generation car and pedestrian navigation solution. MotionX introduces new features not yet seen on mobile devices, including "door-to-door" personal navigation tools, user interface innovations that greatly simplify the navigation experience, and integration of live search capabilities.
MotionX-GPS Drive covers the U.S. and Canada. We are working on supporting Puerto Rico; we will have a solution soon. Thank you for your patience.
MotionX is committed to constant improvement. We listen to our millions of MotionX users and continuously include the most requested features. We gladly take requests. And of course at MotionX all of our updates are free! Thanks for helping us constantly improve MotionX-GPS Drive.
More Products to Consider
- Translate between different languages on desktop.
- Combine together maps, satellite imagery, GPS tracking, instant...
- Convert English sentences to Hindi and vice-versa.
- Plan your US and Canada trips.
- View geographical data from GPS devices.
- Check current status of trains Indian railway.
- Access information about Indian Railways from your Windows 8 PC...
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Convert Google Earth into a real-time GPS navigation for laptop...
- Create, convert, and plan your route for trip.
- Track a mobile object in real time by GPRS / 3G connection on W...
- Convert UTM coordinates to latitude/longitude coordinates.
- Generate subtitles for the movie based on your vocabulary.
- View Bing maps in 3D, tour and save collections to video.
- Translate any text on a Web page and other applications just by...
- Search and compare flights to find best fares.
- Convert English letters to Devanagari.
- Translate Web contents, chat, and documents between English and...
- Import and manage your GPS tracks from mobile devices.
- Estimate the position of a dragged sensor based on the location...
- Translate Skype chats to Dutch, French, Chinese or Japanese.
- Edit GPS tracks: analyze trajectory and structure, filter, merg...
- Determine what the time is in another part of the world.
- Plan all your flights with ease.
- Translate text into different languages with the ability to rec...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Beats My Tom Tom handily"
Version: MotionX GPS Drive 1.1
- Live Maps
- Turns seem more accurate than Tom Tom
- Screen size readable on dash
- Cost, Cost, Cost, Cost
- Voice is clear
- Voice does not name streets
- GPS is interrupted on incoming calls
This product is amazing and at such a low cost Accurate directions and the live maps add to the excitement. Adding street names for voice, and stopping the incoming calls interruption is my only con. But this has really been a lifesaver.
"Excellent program, accuracy, needs street names."
Version: MotionX GPS Drive 1.1
Very fast routing
Accurate and up to date maps/street names
Easy to use interface
Caches frequently used maps for offline access (common routes you take)
Tells you to prepare for your turn ahead of time
Does not speak the actual names of streets
Does not have downloaded maps, so requires a cellular connection to update maps
No Traffic updates yet
Overall I love this program. It is very cheap, efficient and great. Pricing for it is 2.99/month for voice guidance, or 24.99/year. As mentioned above you get 30 days free to test it out. One thing I really like is that it still tracks your progress on the route via the gps chip even when you have no data connection. However your maps will gray out and won't show street names, but you can still see your highlighted route. As mentioned in the Pro's, it caches maps of routes you drive frequently so even with no cellular connection, those will still be visible, though those routes are also where you don't need a gps for guidance. I tested this along side my Sony NVU-44 (albeit it's outdated), and this provided much more accurate and updated directions compared to the stand-alone unit. This can easily be rectified by updating my maps for the unit. Since maps are provided via cellular network, they will always be up to date, and the MotionX company has always made solid programs and updated them frequently. This also has ipod playback capabilities via playlists or the entire library. The voice prompts are very easy to listen to and not to harsh sounding, and music playback is immediately picked back up with no delay. I highly recommend this program for someone looking into gps programs for their phone and the price is definitely right in my eyes. It doesn't have traffic updates or spoken street names, but I don't see why those can't be added at a later date.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content