Mopis is a high-quality software synthesizer that combines traditional subtractive synthesis with new technology we call reconstructive synthesis.
Mopis uses subtractive synthesis to create the same sounds that analog synths have used for years. The oscillators generate basic waveforms-- sawtooth, square, triangle, and sine waves-- which are processed by Mopis's filters. The filter options include a warm, non-linear, analog-style filter, so you can get your favorite analog synth sounds out of Mopis.
Our reconstructive synthesis adds a new dimension to your creations. Mopis can analyze your audio sample and create an oscillator that mimics the sample's properties. You can then play the sample back and bend it to your will.
Here's some of what Mopis helps you do:
- Adjust the pitch of a sample without changing its speed or getting the "chipmunk effect"
- Adjust the speed without changing the pitch
- Move freely back and forth through a sample
- Loop samples quickly
- Adjust loop points on the fly
- Freeze a sample and turn it into a steady-state oscillator
You can also control any of these features through our modular assign table and create complex, evolving sounds.