There are two parts to the MoonMenu package:
MoonMenu for the Menubar
MoonMenu draws the current phase of the moon in the menubar. The menu, when selected, reveals the following information:
- A textual description of the moon phase
- Illumination percentage
- The moon's age in days
- Current lunation number
- Farmers' Almanac names for the current lunation
- Upcoming quarter predictions
- Automatic "blue moon" detection that actually colors the moon blue
- Sun rise/set times
- Twilight rise/set times
- Moon rise/set times
The MoonMenu application is a small but powerful panel that allows you to investigate all of the information about the moon for any date and time between the years 1923 and 2039. It also controls the settings for the tint of the moon so you can optimize it for your monitor. There're even built in definitions for the items listed above... just one click away.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed issue with expiration if non-appstore versions of MoonMenu were installed previously. Sorry!
- Better defaults to expand whole window on first run.
- Fixed GMT offset with lunar quarter times.