CNET Editors' review
Moo0 VoiceRecorder is a supersimple sound-recording app for Windows. With a few clicks, you can start recording your voice and other sounds via microphone. But VoiceRecorder also records system audio, including Web audio, Skype, Internet radio, and line-level audio via external inputs. It supports just two formats, but they're the most common types, WAV and MP3, and it offers Cut Silence and Over-Write options. You'll need a microphone to record voice audio, obviously.
VoiceRecorder's semitransparent interface can be customized from the Setting menu, which is where this simple program hides all the bells and whistles, such as an MP3 Recording Quality submenu; skin, language, and transparency options; File Naming/Renaming Rules; Hotkeys; and Cut Silence settings, including volume threshold and silence duration. The interface may be small, but it manages to include controls for Keep on Top, Boost, Volume, and other functions at the ready. A drop-down list offers three recording modes: Only Voice, which records microphone input; Only PC Sound, which records various system audio sources; and Voice and PC Sound, which records both. The Boost control menu boosts or reduces the input by 10 percent steps. When everything's set up properly, VoiceRecorder shows a message proclaiming it Ready for Recording. Everything was fine until we pressed Start Recording, at which point VoiceRecorder produced an extensive and confusing message blaming an unspecified Microsoft decision for the inability to automate a long list of procedures, including some in Asian characters. But it more or less told us how to enable a microphone and sound options. The Windows Sound properties opened, too, confirming that our microphone was installed, activated, and selected as our default sound source.
Nevertheless, Moo0 VoiceRecorder easily recorded good-quality audio sourced by our microphone, and played it back with a counter and volume slider. It also displays a small but useful audiospectral graph. We enabled the optional Max Duration panel on the interface, too. All you have to do is enter a recording duration in minutes and press Set. VoiceRecorder will automatically stop recording when time's up. This extra feature is useful for practicing speaking in public and creating announcements.
Moo0 VoiceRecorder is a very easy-to-use sound recorder which can be used for any kinds of sound recording. The interface is very simple, and you can start recording any PC sound or your voice only by a single clicking. It currently supports MP3 and WAVE format to save the sound files.
What's new in this version: Fixed a bug in which it wasn't auto-starting with the system when used on laptops in the battery mode on Windows Vista/7 and 8. Added Thai language support in partial.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Record sound from microphone in MP3 and WAV formats.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Record sounds in WAV, AIFF, or MP3 format.
- Convert audio files between formats applying effects.
- Convert audio files into different formats.
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Edit your digital audio files on your Windows PC.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Render MIDI files to high-quality WAV files.
- Bring High Definition sound to YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, Pandor...
- Speed up audio files without changing the pitch (key) in batch ...
- Change your voice and add sound effects to games and voice chat...
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Easy, Free and Works Like a Champ!"
Version: Moo0 Voice Recorder 1.43
Easy to use
No cons found
I've heard of more complicated ways to record your system audio, but Moo0 Voice Recorder makes it easy as pie. Install it, indicate where the audio files should be saved, and you're good to go. Can't ask for more.
"Works great - Nice and simple!"
Version: Moo0 Voice Recorder 1.43
Easy to use, intuitive
haven't found them yet
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content