CNET Editors' review
Moo0 VideoMinimizer reduces the picture size or file size of video recordings with minimal quality reduction. Unlike the big downloads, this free tool is easy to learn and works fast. Moo0 VideoMinimizer 1.13 is compatible with Windows XP to 8.
Like many of Moo0's no-nonsense utilities we've tried, VideoMinimizer has a compact dialog-style user interface that includes the most frequently needed controls and options right up front, such as the Keep on Top and Notify when Finished check boxes. And, like other Moo0 tools, VideoMinimizer has many interface language options, though some are partial files. But frequent updates listed in the program's product information and support page include the regular addition of new and updated language files, and users are encouraged to submit translations. The small square-shaped layout is divided into a Drop Box and a field displaying the options and controls specific to any of the choices on the Method menu: by file size, screen size, or bit rate; with relative size options for each method. Under the File Size method, we could specify a maximum size in megabytes; Width x Height by Auto-Adjust, by Specific (i.e., upper bound) size, including custom sizes and an Android option; or by Relative Size by choosing a percentage, such as a 10 percent reduction. VideoMinimizer offers five output format options: Auto, AVI, FLV, MKV, and MP4; plus Quality level. Other options include test-conversions and CPU limiting.
We tried VideoMinimizer with several test clips. It did an excellent job, shrinking the clips substantially without compromising their playback quality. In fact, we haven't found a faster and easier way to reduce a video clip's file or picture size than Moo0 VideoMinimizer, and not for lack of trying!
Moo0 VideoMinimizer lets you minimize any video's "file size" or "picture size" in the simplest and easiest way. This tool helps to minimize the size of your video files which are too large. Also, this tool may be useful when adjusting your video size before submitting to YouTube.
What's new in this version: Added Thai language support.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats with 3D and WiDi support.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Edit, filter, and convert your video files.
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Join your video, image or audio files into one output video cli...
- Convert the most popular audio and video formats between each o...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Capture, convert, and consume movies, music and photos for the ...
- Extract and save only sound or music from video files.
- Split your video files into several output video clips.
- Create and convert video to DVD with quality.
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- Create movies from camcorder videos and common videos.
- Convert any of your video files to PSP format.
- Record your own CDs from MP3 or WMA files.
- Retrieve info about video or audio file.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content